Formal Night

DG2007

My fiance is in the Army and will be bringing his dress blues for our wedding that is onboard - so my question is, would it be ok for him to wear his dress blues on formal night?

Thanks!

Yes.. and congrats on your upcoming wedding:)

And a gorgeous wedding day couple.On my last 7 cruises..I have seen many young, mid age, and older gentlemen in their respective service uniforms. It makes for wonderful pics, and memories.They take wonderful posed wedding shots..and you get them while still on board..Instant gratification.. I would give a hug to a uniformed man that was even seated at my table. He might expect alot of well wishes, and thank yous on the cruise as well. Bon voyage

My fiance is in the Army and will be bringing his dress blues for our wedding that is onboard - so my question is, would it be ok for him to wear his dress blues on formal night?

Thanks!

NOT RIGHT? Oh my, that would be fabulous, absolutely. There is nothing better than a man in a uniform. He is going to look so good. and of course, you will too:)

Much happiness to the both of you, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a happy life.

On second thought.... maybe he shouldn't wear it. Some of us LOVE a man in uniform, and the ladies might swarm him.:p

Just kidding, of course. He's going to put all the ordinary tuxes to shame. Be proud when you walk in with him, because believe me, all eyes will be watching -- admiringly!

And yes, congrats on your wedding. Have a great cruise, my dear. :)

Both men in their Navy uniform will be considered more formal than if they were in a suit or a tux! There is nothing more formal than a service man/woman's uniform. They'll be the best dressed men there. Be prepared for both of them getting a lot of attention, especially at times like these. We are very proud of them for serving our country.

Cindy, I feel for you, my DBB (Dear Baby Boy) went to the Navy right out of high school. I was/am so very proud of him, but I sat and cried for three days! Ill never forget it! (He's 42 now! lol).

Conquestbride2be,

Congrats on your marriage. I hope you have a great and long life together

Archived