NCL Stingray Sandbar and Island Tour???

Warm Breezes

Has anyone done this tour with NCL???

Stingray Sandbar And Island Tour

Approximate Duration: 4 1/4 hours

Activity Details: shorexLegnd_1Mild.gif

Adult Pricing From: $45

Begin your tour with an overview island drive aboard your air-conditioned coach, including sights and attractions such as Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Island Turtle Farm, a local rum cake store, and the famous rock formations in the town named "Hell". Then, you will be taken to the marina to board a covered boat for a trip to Stingray City. Snorkel equipment and life vests will be issued, along with information and instructions on snorkeling. In addition, you will be informed on precautions on how to feed and interact with the stingrays. Snorkel in an average of four-foot deep water to meet and swim with the stingrays. Feed, feel and film these beautiful sea creatures on this exciting excursion!

We are thinking about doing this in November and would like to hear some reviews from people who have done it.:)

Thanks,

We did this exact tour in march with NCL. We found that the stops were very hurried, Hell was just a building with souvenirs and post office, it did have cool rock formations, we then drove by seven mile beach, its beautiful would love to have spent time there. The rum store was also very hurried, The rum cake is great but you can buy the same ones on the ship and save time to look for souvenirs. The Turtle farm we had about 30 min includes quick tour around farm, hold turtle for picture purposes and time in gift area. They then take you to the marina to board the boat, they used captain Kirk, this part of the tour was the highlight, very beautiful out at sandbar, very warm crystal clear water and the stingrays were breathtaking....a little overwhelming at first but you get used to them ,very gentle creatures. Take some underwater cameras with you, they do sell on the boat but much more $ you can get some incredible pictures underwater. After a while I went back on boat and got some great pictures of family interacting with the stingrays and holding them, I didn't have to purchase from the boat as I had my own, have a great time:)

We did this exact tour in march with NCL. We found that the stops were very hurried

I can certainly understand how you would think it was hurried. We just did the Stingray tour & snorkel two-stop combo with Moby Dick tours (fantastic BTW!) and we were gone 3-1/2 hours for just those two things....and there was no rushing. I can't imagine how they will pack all of that in to 4-1/2 hours....and still offer a leisurely experience. :confused:

Archived