Dining room questions

MrSnarkyPants

No I do not recommend trying to wear shorts into the dining room on formal night. If you don't want to dress up go to the buffet. If you want the lobster bad enough dress up and go to the dining room and get it. Formal night is fun!! Even a simple cocktail dress will do, it doesn't have to be too formal.

As for the soda thing, I think it sounds kind of tacky using the card to get one soda and splitting it...Spend the extra $2.00 for another coke.

There is no saving deck chairs...The best I can suggest is one of you go get food and bring it back where the other is still sitting or leave your towel or something on the chair when you leave and hope that no one moved it or took it when you get back.

HOOKED ONE :eek:

1. You cannot wear shorts or jeans in the dining room. Just bring a pair of khakis with you, or dark pants/sport jacket and shirt and tie for the formal nights. If you do not want to dress up then just go to the buffet.

2. Why do people have to be so cheap. Your soda will be served to you each night in the dining room, if that is what you want. My daughers had soda cards. Each night their soda was waiting for them. I just drank the tea, lemonade and water.

3. Do not worry about chairs. When we wanted lunch, we would just leave our stuff on the chair, go get lunch and return to the seat. We liked the area in the back of the boat (rear of the lido deck). It had food places right there, sun, shade and adult only hot tubs.

Hooked another one! :eek:

No I do not recommend trying to wear shorts into the dining room on formal night. If you don't want to dress up go to the buffet. If you want the lobster bad enough dress up and go to the dining room and get it. Formal night is fun!! Even a simple cocktail dress will do, it doesn't have to be too formal.

As for the soda thing, I think it sounds kind of tacky using the card to get one soda and splitting it...Spend the extra $2.00 for another coke.

There is no saving deck chairs...The best I can suggest is one of you go get food and bring it back where the other is still sitting or leave your towel or something on the chair when you leave and hope that no one moved it or took it when you get back.

NO SHORTS PLEASE.

On Glory, soda comes in a glass, not a can. So you can not share a can.

Im so sorry..I hate to interrupt good advice...but John is going to be on the same cruise as I am so I want to make sure he doesnt embarress me by his tastelessness--john....a few tips so I wont be embarressed:

1. If you wear the shirt and tie with your shorts, please at least buy the knee high black socks. That way you dont offend anyone by making them look at your legs.
  2. Also, Im thinking black dress tennis shoes with the toes cut out of them would by much more stylish then the crocks..come on now..be classy ok?
  3. by all means BRING YOUR OWN extra glass to the dining room table..how shameful it would be to ask for a glass with ice so you can share your one coke..have some pride ok?
  4. it may be easier for you to smuggle wine in a box for party central instead of liquor....we can have wine mixed drinks..plus..IF you want wine on your balcony...just whip one of the boxes of your closet. you can have one large bag that is dedictated to wine in boxes...
  5. oh and one more thing...please please please bring a large blender. How rude it would be to bring a small one and not have enough for everyone else.

I hope this helps....and like I said..i usually dont like to intrude...but I am really trying to spare us some embaressment (I cant spell). do it for the cupids man!!!

great post....we all need something to make us laugh every now and then!

great post....we all need something to make us laugh every now and then!

You said it, Brother! Great comeback. And by the way, I hope it's not me who cuts in front of you at breakfast to take the last slices of bacon.;)

[*]oh and one more thing...please please please bring a large blender. How rude it would be to bring a small one and not have enough for everyone else.

I found this one:

http://www.miraclemixer.com/custommixers.asp

They have a drum mixer towards the bottom of the page. I will buy a few boxes of wine and fill the old oil drum that I have behind the house. Then I will check the drum and the mixer as luggage. Do you know how to scrub the motor oil from the drum before I put the wine in? Or should I line the inside of the drum with SaranWrap and not worry about the oil?

1. it may be easier for you to smuggle wine in a box for party central instead of liquor....we can have wine mixed drinks..plus..IF you want wine on your balcony...just whip one of the boxes of your closet. you can have one large bag that is dedictated to wine in boxes...

They need to make Captain Morgan in a box.

I can only play the role of complete and utter tool for so long.
keep your tool up a bit longer, good subjects are, smoking, tipping, dripping butts at the breakfast bar, what is smart casual etc, oh also why do people have those stupid glittery attachment, and pictures of DH + DW, in the UK a DH is a dxxk head, check out the thread about swimming costumes at the buffet line I think its a carnival thread, oh and try to make it a bit less obvious the brits on the board will sus you rightaway regards Mr Di O Rea

They need to make Captain Morgan in a box.
if you use a colostomy bag, it can carry about 2pints and the modern ones are quite unobtrusive when wearing a long loose polo shirt, anything shorter and you will have to take care matching your shoes to the bag, regards

[quote name='MrSnarkyPants']I'm only packing shorts and crocs for this cruise. Would they let me eat lobster as long as I wore a coat and tie with my shorts?[/QUOTE]
No, you will be expected to wear a shirt in the dining room, so you should have to pack at least one of those as well. Underwear, however, is optional.

[quote name='MrSnarkyPants']
2. If we only buy one soda card and order a Coke with dinner, could we ask for a glass of ice so we can pour some of the Coke off into it and split it?[/QUOTE]
Yes, two people sharing a single Coke is fine; however, the extra glass of ice will be charged to your Sign and Sail card.

[quote name='MrSnarkyPants']
3. What's the best way to save our deck chairs while we go eat?[/QUOTE]
Leave an iPhone or something expensive, so it's clear to anyone around that you definitely plan to return.

Archived