Can I wear this?

readytolose

A lot depends on what you wear down the bottom.

Huh? Why do you think that? I think the tops are appropriate for the dining room no matter what kind of bottom she wears - casual, dressy, skirts, pants, etc.

I don't think they depend on any particular style of bottom to make them dining room appropriate.

I think the tops are appropriate for the dining room no matter what kind of bottom she wears - casual, dressy, skirts, pants, etc.

Well the first top is pictured with jeans.....which is a bottom.....and we know that's a big NO NO in the dining room on most cruise lines. NOT that I want to start that debate all over again.

IMO though, both those tops are great!!

BobK/Orlando

Well the first top is pictured with jeans.....which is a bottom.....and we know that's a big NO NO in the dining room on most cruise lines. NOT that I want to start that debate all over again.

IMO though, both those tops are great!!

BobK/Orlando

Yes, a jean is pictured but the OP stated she'd be wearing the tops with dress pants and nice sandals.

You and I agree that they're nice tops and appropriate. (and agree not to say the "J" word! <g>)

My question was to celbercrzz who advised that they were appropriate only if certain bottoms were worn. To that I disagree.

I wish I had the body to wear either top.

Both can be worn on informal nite and then you can use them after for day wear to walk around any island.

I'm usually hot so I wouldn't need a cover up but you do see many women with them or wearing their significant others jacket

I'm not trying to start a debate here, I'm just really clueless as to what can be worn to dinner.

Could I wear these tops with dress pants and nice sandals?

brownshirt.jpg

shirt.jpg

Definately! They are both very pretty.

Four our first cruise I was also worried about whether I'd be complying with some of the dining rules, but I soon realized that as long as you look nice and it seems as though you've made a good faith effort to fit into the level of formalness for the night no one will say it is inappropriate. For example, the first cruise all I packed were closed toed heels for formal night because of the "no sandals" policy... and quickly regretted that I didn't realize they only meant no beach/lounge/walking sandals. Too bad, because the strappy sandals would have looked much better with the dress and taken up less space in my luggage! :rolleyes:

I think the tops will look great. Especially with some dangly sparkles hanging on your ears. :D

I'm a first time cruiser and these tops with jeans would be fine where I live for a casual dinner - I read back through some of the responses and saw that jeans are a no no for casual dinner - is that true? Jeans are such a fashion statement now - and not cheap! Well, let me know!

:confused: I'm a first time cruiser and these tops with jeans would be fine where I live for a casual dinner - I read back through some of the responses and saw that jeans are a no no for casual dinner - is that true? Jeans are such a fashion statement now - and not cheap! Well, let me know!

:confused: I'm a first time cruiser and these tops with jeans would be fine where I live for a casual dinner - I read back through some of the responses and saw that jeans are a no no for casual dinner - is that true? Jeans are such a fashion statement now - and not cheap! Well, let me know!

Unless you're sailing on NCL, jeans are not permitted in the dining rooms at dinner time according to the dress codes posted by almost all of the ships. NCL just recently started allowing them in theirs, but they have a "freestyle cruising" policy about almost anything, including where and when you dine. Some people follow these guidelines, and others don't adhere so closely. :o

Archived