Photography Tips

marlee73

I found a great deal (I think) on 1 GB cards from a popular electronics store who also has an online web site. They are on sale right now for $14.99 plus free shipping. So I ordered some extras to take with me. It saves me a trip to their store here in town. I hate going in there because the music is SO loud! I also bought a reader for my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs.H.......any photog will tell ya to always use smaller cards....the main reason is if the card goes bad, all ur photos are not on it. I have had a 2g card go bad for no reason....luckily I had already burned off the photos....

I plan on taking at least 6-8 1gb cards and an external hard drive plus my cd burning drive and cd's to burn all photos daily to cd. We are doing the 14 day Ak cruise and I have no idea how many photos I will take but I never delete any....hopefully this will be enough!!!

Was In Alaska the end of June - Filled almost 9 gigs - I get 84 pictures to a Gig when using shooting raw - and about 300/gig Jpeg - 90% of my pictures were

shot raw - A Wide angle (28 mm or better is a must) - A good zoom - up to 200 mm or better, (if you want to shoot wildlife 300 mm or better) - a polarizing filter is handy.

Learn to post process your pictures using Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or a program that lets you process the digital image using layers, levels and curves.

Use exposure bracketing. When you get home you can combine two or three of the bracketed exposures to form a GREAT picture (e.g. having a blue sky instead of a white, overexposed sky.)

Also, if you have a camera with greater than 6 megapixels, and you postprocess you own images, you should include more "background" in the frame, and crop for the best framing of the scene during postprocessing.

Barry

Way too much trouble for me. I just take a lot of photos and some of them turn out great.

Archived