Photo Books

A link to my latest photo book on Shutterfly. It has to do with winter/Christmas. Let me know what you think.

I have recently made a Shutterfly page and if you would like to visit, here is the link:

http://joannectraveladventures.shutterfly.com/

Tis The Season 2008

Description:

Holiday | 12x12 Memory Book | Pages:20 | Posted:Dec 29,2008

These photos were taken all around my neighborhood. The homes so lovely with their wreaths, red bows and nativity scenes. The first snowfall of the season and the church looking so beautiful on Christmas Eve.

Link to photo book in the Shutterfly Gallery:

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg3bOW7Vy1Yg933OOy

CruiserForever.......Lovely!! :D I think that sometimes the winter months are dreary...and the holiday decorations of wreaths, bows & lights really brighten things up! And then when spring finally gets here we are ready for color!!;)

Denise - I tried your link...it wouldn't open for me. :(

I know, that isn't the right link. Sorry. I have photobooks on Shutterfly, you can go under "recent" then "cruises" and I am denise on there with the 3 Eastern Caribbean cruise books (they are all 3 light blue in color) And I have them numbered 1,2,3. You'll see when you get on there. They are also posted in Vacation Tropical section. Hope you can get there that way.

Ok, I did it...

You folks got me interested in this and I :)/:mad: you all for the inspiration. What a chore!

Fun though!

Here's the blurb link: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/363975/3ba5582f17e0e398bd919d4625b0d8bb

Since they only give a 15 page preview, I posted a medium-res version of the pages on my PBase account: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/book1

Thanks again! This was a lot of work, resizing and cropping each photo for optimal display. But way cheaper and easier than printing 200+ photo and finding walls to hang them on!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Ok, I did it...

You folks got me interested in this and I :)/:mad: you all for the inspiration. What a chore!

Fun though!

Here's the blurb link: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/363975/3ba5582f17e0e398bd919d4625b0d8bb

Since they only give a 15 page preview, I posted a medium-res version of the pages on my PBase account: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/book1

Thanks again! This was a lot of work, resizing and cropping each photo for optimal display. But way cheaper and easier than printing 200+ photo and finding walls to hang them on!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Dave, OMG!! This book is perfection. I so enjoyed it from beginning to end. You are so amazing and the photos were wonderful, and I wanted it to never end. WOW, you should be proud that the hard work paid off and you have a book worth displaying and sharing with friends and family. I hope to see many more in the near future. Thanks for sharing. I loved it!!!:D

Your book is amazing.

I can see all the hard work you put into it.

Sometimes I did wonder why my photo wouldn't "fit' in on the pages I was trying to do, but then I didn't crop and resize photos on the pc before downloading them on the site.

You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing your book of lovely photos, as well as all the encouragement in photography you share so willingly.

Very Cool Dave! It's fun to see people fold under peer pressure! jk!:D:p

Our trip to Scotland was soo amazing and yes, the book was a lot of work, but the fun in looking through it over & over - it was worth it! In fact, we gave both our DD, and our DS & DIL a copy of their own from our trip for Christmas - they said that was their favorite thing they got this year!! :)

Yeah... Shutterfly was sure glad that I finally figured out how to make these books! :p I think I'll give Blurb a good look too! ;)

Wowzers!! I was wondering when I was going to take my next cruise, & I think I just did looking thru Dave's book...& so many ships & ports & sights!!!! Thanks sooo much...:p

I have been wanting to do a 'compilation of cruises' book, now I am motivated!

Just a quick question, tho...I scanned a 'million' (it seemed) older family pictures I had to beg from my parents, & made a (25th anniversary) slide show. However, with the help from my DS, a computer whiz, but not a photo whiz, he had set my scanner to bitmap, not jpeg for those...I was sooo hoping to also make books for family, however, apparently bitmap is not accepted?? I no longer have the precious photos in my possession, & the thought of re~scanning is enough to drive me to drinking (more)...Any thoughts? Does anyone know? I have downloaded MyPublisher with the hopes of doing this...cruise photos are jpeg's so no problem there...

Wowzers!! I was wondering when I was going to take my next cruise, & I think I just did looking thru Dave's book...& so many ships & ports & sights!!!! Thanks sooo much...:p

I have been wanting to do a 'compilation of cruises' book, now I am motivated!

Just a quick question, tho...I scanned a 'million' (it seemed) older family pictures I had to beg from my parents, & made a (25th anniversary) slide show. However, with the help from my DS, a computer whiz, but not a photo whiz, he had set my scanner to bitmap, not jpeg for those...I was sooo hoping to also make books for family, however, apparently bitmap is not accepted?? I no longer have the precious photos in my possession, & the thought of re~scanning is enough to drive me to drinking (more)...Any thoughts? Does anyone know? I have downloaded MyPublisher with the hopes of doing this...cruise photos are jpeg's so no problem there...

See my article on batch re-sizing. The IrfanView utility described there and even Google's Picasa can also batch-convert your bitmaps into jpegs, either leaving the originals (recommended) or overwriting them. Depending on the speed of your computer, it can be very, very quick.

Article: http://www.pptphoto.com/ArticlePages/BatchResize.htm

Post if you have any questions.

To all: Thanks for the kind words about the book. I'm thrilled with how it came out and I don't even have the paper version yet. I'll let everyone know what it looks like with the premium paper and all when it gets here.

Dave

Thanks so much for the quick reply, I will certainly read that article (again, I think!!):D:D

Major brain freeze in my earlier post... I am having the 25th anniversary, duh! My parents~50th!!

Now can we see why my learning curve is so slooow:rolleyes:??? Thank goodness my cameras & my computer are very, very forgiving so far...:o

Amazing book Dave ... thanks for sharing ...

As a "newbie" to the photography world I really appreciate the knowledge and encouragement you share with the readers on these boards ... mj

To all: Thanks for the kind words about the book. I'm thrilled with how it came out and I don't even have the paper version yet. I'll let everyone know what it looks like with the premium paper and all when it gets here.

Dave

Dave, Please do let us know how you like the book once you personally have it and look through it. I am sure you will love it and get years of enjoyment when you open the cover and view it with your DW, family and friends. :D I personally saw it three times, that is how much I loved looking at it. Truly your hard work paid off because it is a wonderful keepsake book. Thanks so much for allowing us to see it.

You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing your book of lovely photos, as well as all the encouragement in photography you share so willingly.

I second that! Wow doesn't seem to cut it. That is an incredible book Dave. You are so talented. I loved every section, the way you categorized things and the way you did your type. Really, better than any brochure out there. They should put you on the payroll.

Too many favorite photos to list but I'll highlight the sushi boat photo - YUM, I'm suddenly starving! :p

And the Abstractions section - so, so cool, great perspectives and so inspiring. I love how photography helps you travel with your eyes wide open, looking for color and shapes and motion and size. Amazing!

I also really admire your ability to edit your photos down to such a representative sample. I'm horrible at that. As a scrapbooker, I seriously need to learn that skill. :D

Here is a recipe book someone made and posted it to the Shutterfly gallery. I know it has nothing to do with traveling or cruising, but it is so well put together I thought you would like it anyway. The layout and design is really beautiful.

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg2YNGDNg0aC1lJlPg

Dave, as everyone has said, you book is absolutely amazing!!

How did you get your pictures to spread across two pages? I really like that.

Thanks!

One of blurb's page formats is "Full Page" I just fit my image to a blank that was double the full page width and then cut it in half and saved it as two files. I used Photoshop Elements 6.0 to resize and compose each image to the suggested "optimal" size for each format.

Dave

Ok, I did it...

Fun though!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Dave,

Your book is amazing. I love it. Especially the ability to put one photo on both pages. Amazing. I did one too on my trip to Tahiti. Not sure if you all can view this or not. I'll try. But I did it through Snapfish. I love it. I tried the MAC program but I didn't like the format but it also ran out of pages. Snapfish allowed alot of adding pages which I needed. It was work but very fun.

http://www1.snapfish.com/memorybook/ordertype=HMB/orderId=227084756/orderstatus=SHR/ownerid=17319088/upc=Memorybook+-+Leather+Cover/u_=1112398040478694_xfc3f3b85b057756_xfc1000_xfcdjpaints3%40aol.com_xfc1000000_xfcSFOPRD02_xfc1_xfcpQwiHMnqB0oNqWnu.jpeKg--/t_=17319088

Debbie, Very nicely done. You have so many beautiful photos and these books are so worth it. I like the layout with the seashells. I know you will love and enjoy this book for many years to come. Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait for my cruise so I can make my next book. :D

BTW, Dave I have viewed you book 3 times already. Amazing!!!

Dave,

Your book is amazing. I love it. Especially the ability to put one photo on both pages. Amazing. I did one too on my trip to Tahiti. Not sure if you all can view this or not. I'll try. But I did it through Snapfish. I love it. I tried the MAC program but I didn't like the format but it also ran out of pages. Snapfish allowed alot of adding pages which I needed. It was work but very fun.

http://www1.snapfish.com/memorybook/ordertype=HMB/orderId=227084756/orderstatus=SHR/ownerid=17319088/upc=Memorybook+-+Leather+Cover/u_=1112398040478694_xfc3f3b85b057756_xfc1000_xfcdjpaints3%40aol.com_xfc1000000_xfcSFOPRD02_xfc1_xfcpQwiHMnqB0oNqWnu.jpeKg--/t_=17319088

Nicely done yourself!

It has a warm, scrap-bookish feeling to it that makes you feel happy while looking through it.

Good job!

Dave

Archived