Photo Books

Everyone's book are so nice!I am excited to try this when i return in April from my cruise. Is it easy or hard? I am a digital beginner!!!

This is easy. you upload your digital photos to snapfish, shutterfly or other photo sites. Most are free sites to join. Then you can make your book. You pick the size, designs, etc. and add your photos to the pages. Post your book once its made.

Everyone's book are so nice!I am excited to try this when i return in April from my cruise. Is it easy or hard? I am a digital beginner!!!

In the case of Blurb or MyPublisher, you download their bookmaker and add photos directly from your collection on your computer.

Not actually "hard", but it can take a while!

Dave

I cannot open shutterfly with internet explorer - anyone else having this problem? do you need to be a member? missing a lot of these books because of that

You don't need to be a member to view the books in the community. You need to be a member to make a comment. As far as the internet explorer, I don't know about that. I use FIREFOX since I have an Apple computer. Maybe a PC poster can answer that question.

Here are 2 Photo Books I came across on Shutterfly having to do with travel. They are really beautiful and worth taking a look.

Link to this page

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/aboutme/start.sfly?alias=SherryB277

Our Travels vol 1

Description:

Travel U.S. | 12x12 Memory Book | Pages:101 | Posted:Mar 16,2009

the first in a series of vacation only photos..

Link to photo book in the Shutterfly Gallery:

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDJgxaNmbZkwYgsWO-SE

Our travels volume 2

Description:

Travel U.S. | 12x12 Memory Book | Pages:97 | Posted:Mar 16,2009

I never print my photos out anymore- I just make scrapbooks now... It's so nice that someone can sit with my book and know what's going on without me over their shoulder explaining everything.

Link to photo book in the Shutterfly Gallery:

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDJgxaNmbZkwYg01tEbI

Thanks for sharing, these are really, really nice, but very suprised they are from Shutterfly. I just finished my second album with them, but I think I want to start shopping around, because these albums are EXACTLY how I want to make mine, but Shutterfly does not offer the backgrounds that were used in these albums. I wish they would.

I never print my photos either, just go do a whole album at the end of the year.

Thanks for sharing, these are really, really nice, but very suprised they are from Shutterfly. I just finished my second album with them, but I think I want to start shopping around, because these albums are EXACTLY how I want to make mine, but Shutterfly does not offer the backgrounds that were used in these albums. I wish they would.

I never print my photos either, just go do a whole album at the end of the year.

I believe the woman must have used some kind of photoshop or scrapbooking program to her pages. There are several on Shutterfly that people make their own. Thoes 2 were truly beautiful and very different from the rest. I wish I could make one like that.

This lady did a great job on combining her favorite photos with journaling and all in 2 albums! I liked that there was such a nice flow from trip to trip...and yet they still had their own style! Great digital scrapbook pages - nice that shutterfly lets us have that option!

Thanks Cruiserforever for posting the links!

I had to take another look at these outstanding albums. They truly are scrapbooks as opposed to the standard photo books from Shutterly. The backgrounds and layouts are amazing. This is what I try to achieve but they don't come out this amazing. :o) Sigh!!!!!

This lady did a great job on combining her favorite photos with journaling and all in 2 albums! I liked that there was such a nice flow from trip to trip...and yet they still had their own style! Great digital scrapbook pages - nice that shutterfly lets us have that option!

Thanks Cruiserforever for posting the links!

You are welcome Jean. I too liked the flow of the photos with the journaling and all the extra scrapbook elements. I wish I could make a travel photo book like that woman. Digital can be so beautiful as long as you don't go OVERBOARD with too many extras.

If anyone comes across any travel photo books on any of the photo book sites please share.

I had to take another look at these outstanding albums. They truly are scrapbooks as opposed to the standard photo books from Shutterly. The backgrounds and layouts are amazing. This is what I try to achieve but they don't come out this amazing. :o) Sigh!!!!!

I would love to achieve a book like that too. I don't know the how to's of digitl pages. Those books were beautiful, imho.:)

I would love to achieve a book like that too. I don't know the how to's of digitl pages. Those books were beautiful, imho.:)

The books seem to be made up of the author's own background that is presented as a full-bleed, full-page image. I did the same on one of my Blurb Books when I couldn't find a layout that I liked.

large.jpg

It takes a lot more effort and the books you linked to are great examples of what can be done with a little ingenuity and a lot of work.

Dave

The books seem to be made up of the author's own background that is presented as a full-bleed, full-page image. I did the same on one of my Blurb Books when I couldn't find a layout that I liked.

large.jpg

It takes a lot more effort and the books you linked to are great examples of what can be done with a little ingenuity and a lot of work.

Dave

I can imagine that these books must take lots of time and hard work is put into them. The final results pay off. By the way Dave, are those cuties your grandkids? They are so adorable.

Are you currently working on any photo books?

I can imagine that these books must take lots of time and hard work is put into them. The final results pay off. By the way Dave, are those cuties your grandkids? They are so adorable.

Are you currently working on any photo books?

Yup. They are my oldest daughter's kids. Sweethearts, they are!

No book right now. We're getting ready for a trip and I'm job hunting most of my waking moments.

Got some Ideas about making a cruise travelogue for our Mexican Riviera trip next week. I'll be photographing tile patterns, fabrics and other abstracts for use as page backgrounds. We'll see how that works out...

Dave

Yup. They are my oldest daughter's kids. Sweethearts, they are!

No book right now. We're getting ready for a trip and I'm job hunting most of my waking moments.

Got some Ideas about making a cruise travelogue for our Mexican Riviera trip next week. I'll be photographing tile patterns, fabrics and other abstracts for use as page backgrounds. We'll see how that works out...

Dave

Have a wonderful trip and hope to see many of your photos here on the boards. And good luck with the job hunting.

BTW, I like your idea for tiles patterns, fabrics, etc. looking forward to your creations.

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions on which photobooks are easier to order/ship for Canadians?

Most that I have looked at have high shipping rates or are unavailable in Canada, but maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places.

Most that I have looked at have high shipping rates or are unavailable in Canada, but maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places.

This link was posted by someone on CC a while ago....hope this helps. I haven't ordered one yet but intend to at some point...once I organize my photos.

http://www.photoinpress.ca/en/corporate/aboutus.html

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a recent photo book they care to share from a recent cruise or vacation. Just need a bit of inspiration and new ideas for my up-coming book. Love to take a look and maybe get a brainstorm idea or two for my next photo book. Thanks C.C. members. :D

I have ordered a couple of books from photoinpress (link posted above). I was happy with the finished product. I chose this company specially because it was in Canada and I had control over the layout.

A coworker of mine made a book through blurb. She said it didn't take very long for the book to arrive from the states. However, she wasn't quite sure of the shipping cost because her boyfriend had actually ordered it. She was happy with the book. They originally had made the book with the picture printed right onto the cover. They didn't like the quality and provided feedback to blurb. They sent them a hardcover with dustjacket for free.

For my next book, I will be ordering it through blurb. They have a wider selection of options compared to photoinpress.

I have used both Photo-in-press and Blurb. My choice now is Blurb, more selection for sizes, covers, layouts and the finished product is better quality. Even after converting to Canadian dollars Blurb was the better value. Shipping took a little longer, but was worth the wait.

Another great ideas for displaying your photographs that you can share with everyone is the Shutterfly Personal Websites. You design your own website, color, layout and content then send friends and family the link. I go on and update all the time and everyone is loving it. I now do not need to send very large file pictures through email. I have written quotes and stories etc. and you can even keep a daily journal/blog. There are so many options to choice from. I will still be making photo books because I am adicted to them!

Another great ideas for displaying your photographs that you can share with everyone is the Shutterfly Personal Websites. You design your own website, color, layout and content then send friends and family the link. I go on and update all the time and everyone is loving it. I now do not need to send very large file pictures through email. I have written quotes and stories etc. and you can even keep a daily journal/blog. There are so many options to choice from. I will still be making photo books because I am adicted to them!

Mountainview, I do have 2 personal websites on shutterfly and here are the links if you would like to visit.

My travel site link is:

http://joannectraveladventures.shutterfly.com/

Here is the link for my photo gallery site: http://joannesphotographygallery.shutterfly.com

Your Shutterfly sites are excellent. You have alot of fun information. It is wonderful to find different mediums to share our work! I don't print pictures either unless I am framing them.

Wonderful Job!:D

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Glad you liked my sites. Please come back often since I update every few weeks or so. Do you have a personal site on the web? Love to drop by.

Archived