Hiking anyone?

xqdz

I've been through many of the pages and I haven't seen anything (except one bad review) of anyone hiking in St. Lucia. We would like to do this in April and I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience. The forestry site says you have to have a guide and I'm trying to figure out how to go about this.

Thanks for the reply. Climbing, walking and hiking are three very different sports. I've seen walks described, but not any of the Forestry Department lead hikes. You're saying you've seen some of those in these pages?

The forestry site says you have to have a guide and I'm trying to figure out how to go about this.

Not sure this is what you are asking, but from the information I have seen/read, you book through the Forest and Lands Department or the St. Lucia National Trust. Google "St. Lucia hiking" and you will find several sites with information on the hikes available and contact information. I apologize if this is what you already know and you were just looking for reports/reviews from people that have done this. I am not sure if the time in port on a cruise is enough to do the longer (or any) hikes or what the costs would be - might be why there is no information here. I would be interested in what you find out and your experience if you get to do this.

KroozFoolz - Yes, I've been to the web site and can book the guide. The issue is that you have to get from port to the trail head and most of the trails are not loops, so renting a car does no good and buses aren't going to go there (or have time tables). That's why I was looking for someone who has actually done it. Several of the trails are short enough that there should be time, so I'm sure someone has done it. I looked for blogs elsewhere, but I was thinking someone here may have the actual "cruise" experience. I will keep you updated if I glean any good info.

Thanks,

Carol

rpbcouple - Thank you so much! I will look forward to your posts! Hope you have a wonderful climb and I'm glad to hear that you will have time. I think maybe what I'll do is try some contacts to get a boat and guide along the lines of what you're doing, only hiking and not climbing.

Archived