Latitudes Online Magazine

oduphd

I just received an e-mail from NCL with the Subject Line "Paper is so passi. Check out Latitudes magazine online". I had no real issue with electronic cruise documents and even e-luggage tags but I think they are taking cheap to the next level. I do many things online but I enjoy looking at my Latitudes magazine in hard copy form and doing so at my leisure. I think they are making a mistake by going this route. Maybe NCL should give Latitudes members the option of choosing between online and print magazines. I personally do not like this and it definitely makes me feel like the company is classing itself down in an effort to save money. I have only cruised NCL twice, in 2005 and a month ago. There was a definite difference over two years and I definitely felt more "nickled and dimed" this year than in 2005. It appears this trend continues here as well and does not make me feel particularly valued or special.

I received that too, but it is the same issue that I received in the mail. It doesn't really say that they are going to stop the print version though.

If your postal service was as bad as mine, you would welcome the availability of this online. I do not always receive my Latitudes magazine, so this way I will always have access to one. And for all of those NCL bashers out there, I also do not receive birthday cards, bank statements, bills, etc... so I know that it is not NCL's fault on the magazine. Plus, consider the environmental impact of saving all of those trees!

We live in a changing world, online everything is the way of the future, so we might as well get use to it.

Given the choice, I suppose I'd rather receive it electronically as like you, that is how I pretty much receive everything else. How often does the Latitudes mag. come out? I don't get them very often, so my post office may be at fault as well.

Happy Sails!

Romy

It definitely does not make sense to send them both ways. That is why I suggested allowing customers to make a choice of how they prefer to receive the publication. There could be something set up in a member's profile for this.

Archived