Pacific Time or Central Time?

littledebs

I am getting conflicting info from Carnival and from the tour operators. Does Carnival to Cabo/Mazatlan/PV dock at Central Time or PST. Carnival said their times are adjusted to show local times in each port, and the tour operators state otherwise.

I am getting conflicting info from Carnival and from the tour operators. Does Carnival to Cabo/Mazatlan/PV dock at Central Time or PST. Carnival said their times are adjusted to show local times in each port, and the tour operators state otherwise.

The Pride changes to local time in each port but the Elation does not...it stays on LA time. We are Mountain time, not Pacific time.

The Pride changes to local time in each port but the Elation does not...it stays on LA time. We are Mountain time, not Pacific time.

Aarrgh!! Now I'm really confused. I just got off the phone with Carnival and they said the Pride stays on 'ship time' in California which is PST.

Can someone clarify?

Aarrgh!! Now I'm really confused. I just got off the phone with Carnival and they said the Pride stays on 'ship time' in California which is PST.

Can someone clarify?

I work with the cruiselines everyday. The Pride and the Spirit on it's occasional stops, change their clocks to local time - Mountain. The Elation is the only one that stays on homeport time - Pacific. I wish I could scan a copy of the Capers to verify for you in print.

The second night out (Monday) you change your clocks ahead one hour from Pacific time to "Ships Time" (which is the same as Mountain time). You keep on this time until you are on your way back on Friday night when you set your clocks back one hour to Pacific time.

To confuse things even more, PV local time is another hour ahead (Central time). However, most people just keep on ships time and dont change their watch just for that day. All times for when you need to be back on the ship are on Ships time.

Hope that this helps...

The second night out (Monday) you change your clocks ahead one hour from Pacific time to "Ships Time" (which is the same as Mountain time). You keep on this time until you are on your way back on Friday night when you set your clocks back one hour to Pacific time.

To confuse things even more, PV local time is another hour ahead (Central time). However, most people just keep on ships time and dont change their watch just for that day. All times for when you need to be back on the ship are on Ships time.

Hope that this helps...

Are there any reminders on-board to help people keep the right time? I am fearful of missing my shore excursions due to having the wrong time on my watch! Or worse still - not getting back to the ship on time for the same reason. Can you tell I'm a newby :o

Yes, look on the front page of each day's capers (ships newspaper that is delivered to each cabin). THere are reminders there and also announcements made if you go to a show or other activity where there is a crew member. Don't worry, you won't miss it!

Archived