incontinent disabled cruiser

hac_1234

I hope that you will share this with your father. I am 62 and have to have frequent cystoscopies to check for bladder tumors. I leak for several days afterwards. I use Depends and then switch to pads. I would never dream of cruising without a new mattress pad for every night. I also am glad that the items I need are available! It is nothing to be ashamed about. I fly on AA and SW. I prefer SW because of no baggage fees for two bags. However, both of these airlines allow medical supplies as carry ons and checked bags at no charge. They also allow disabled passengers to board first so you can get a seat near the washroom. I recently checked with Frontier and was told that only my wheelchair would be free. I have it, a rollator, a cpap, and a medical bag. The fees would be over 150 extra each way. So, check around. Good luck, and again, I hope your father understands that we do what we gotta do.

I manage my incontinence very well with pads that are changed frequently 24/7. I will be taking a 68-day cruise. How can I get 2 large cartons, which contain 144 pads each, shipped to my cruise ship?

Are you doing a pre cruise stay at a hotel near the port? If you are, ship the cases to your hotel and then take them to the port and slap luggage tags on them to send them to your cabin. Hotels will hold packages for guests arriving in a few days...just give the hotel a heads up.

On a somewhat random note I'm so glad there are people like you out there. Too often, the elderly who are any sort of "inconvenience" now-n-days are put into "nice" retirement homes and are subject to lonely and uneventful days for the rest of their lives. No vacations, only holiday visits, etc.; it's very sad. At that age one should be rewarded with enjoyments such as traveling after raising families, working, and putting others first for so long. I hope you all enjoy the trip!

I agree. I had planned on posting something similar. Couldn't have said it better.