"Lost" items from Luggage in NY??

mommy2boys

Hi. I am curious about what the situation is when you check your luggage at the Pier in NY. Can anyone tell me whether they have:

(1) had their luggage lost between the time they dropped it off with the porters at the pier and the time it got to their room? Or

(2) Missed any items from their luggage after checking it in with the porters?

(3) Does anyone know what the setup is at the pier with respect to checking your luggage?

I won't be checking any jewelry or electronics, but nevertheless, we will have misc. other stuff that I hope makes it to our cabin. Thanks

Lock or zip tie your bags.

1. You will know automatically if someone has been in them (the are not opened for inspection).

2. Odds are someone dishonest will move on to an easier target.

Don:

Thanks, wasn't sure if they needed the bags open to inspect contents.

I don't know about NYC, but in Miami, one of my friends had all her jewelry in a backpack that ended up on the pier (she did not keep it with her) and went thru the ship without her ..happy to say everything was still there including her grandmother's ring (PS backpack was not locked)...I would not recommend this but she had no problem other than being stressed out and a maniac until she received her luggage in her cabin...

Hi. I am curious about what the situation is when you check your luggage at the Pier in NY. Can anyone tell me whether they have:

(1) had their luggage lost between the time they dropped it off with the porters at the pier and the time it got to their room? Or

(3) Does anyone know what the setup is at the pier with respect to checking your luggage?

I won't be checking any jewelry or electronics, but nevertheless, we will have misc. other stuff that I hope makes it to our cabin. Thanks

like the others said, keep all your valuable stuff in your carryons with you.

When you get to the pier by the curb there will be porters there. Make sure your luggage tags are secured on there tightly.

Had no problems....all our bags arrived just fine.

Have a great cruise....you will love the Miracle. :D

Have travel inusrance

Maria

Sailed out of NY many times. Never had a problem. Lock your luggage. Hand carry your valuables, including medications and travel docs. You should have a great trip.

I agree......we just carry on all valuables, medications, jewelry, travel docs and then put tsa locks on all bags....never lost a thing at the port or the airport in NY.

I agree......we just carry on all valuables, medications, jewelry, travel docs and then put tsa locks on all bags....never lost a thing at the port or the airport in NY.

Thanks and by the way, your homepage was so helpful!:) thank you for posting all that helpful information on the Miracle.

Archived