Some Questions

homeclair

Hi Everyone,

This is our 6th cruise, but 1st with Carnivale. We have a extended balconey on deck 5. Can you catch some sun here? How is the spa? I am looking forward to a massage. Any "can't miss" suggestions? We want to get boarding passes for our flight the day before disembark. Any internet cafe tips?

Thank you for your help. We are looking forward to this trip.:)

What ship are you talking about? By extended balcony do you mean an aft cabin in the back? It's easier for people to answer if we have actually been on that ship so posting the name of the ship will get you better responses. Many people have actual pictures of the cabins and balconys from their cruises so you can often get a picture as well as info.

The extended Balcony is great! You wouldn't think another 18 inches or so would make that much difference but it does. Whether you can get sun or not will depend on which side of the ship you are on...and whether the sun is on that side of the ship. There's not enough room on the balcony for a lounger...just chairs and the ability to stand at the rail without the back of your legs touching the chairs.

I've not used the Spa but haven't heard anything bad about it. We've toured the Spa areas and they are quite nice. Sign up on embarkation day or wait until a special comes up - the best ones are usually on port days though, with the exception of the embarkation day specials.

I've never heard whether there are printers on board or not. I'll have to ask next time I'm on board. (Someone here probably knows for sure.) They always have nice computer areas, though. If they don't have printers....check in online and then when you get to the airport tell them your printer didn't work. They'll usually "reprint" it for you.

Don't know what ship you are on or where you are going...so not sure about the "can't miss" items. Look through the Carnival Caper and see what interests you...there is usually a wide variety of music offered as well as some decent shows & entertainers.

I just got off the Pride today :( and they did have printers in the computer room - but I didn't use them, so I don't know any details. We did have an extended balcony and I LOVED it. I even spread my towel on the balcony and just took a nap one afternoon. And no more cheap plastic deck chairs - they were heavy metal with canvas backs. A chair, a little table and another chair that could recline a little. Every single time I entered my cabin I had to go out on the balcony, even if just for a minute.

The ships that I have been on all had printers, where you had to pay a per page fee...but I don't remember it being expensive. I have printed boarding passes before onboard. All that I have to say is that the speed is very SLOW (and I'm comparing that to my dial-up connection at home...yes...the ship is even slower than that!) ...and when you're spending up to 75 cents per minute, it really gets quite FRUSTRATING. That being said, I am 99% sure that you will be able to print your boarding passes somehow.

Hi Everyone,

This is our 6th cruise, but 1st with Carnivale. We have a extended balconey on deck 5. Can you catch some sun here? How is the spa? I am looking forward to a massage. Any "can't miss" suggestions? We want to get boarding passes for our flight the day before disembark. Any internet cafe tips?

Thank you for your help. We are looking forward to this trip.:)

We have printed our boarding passes on the ship, but the Internet is very slow, and Internet time on board is a bit expensive. It's going to take you more than just a few minutes. In May, I think it took us 20 minutes to get them printed out. Have a great cruise!

The last time we flew out of Houston Hobby airport we used the kiosk to print a bording pass at the airport. No line, and easy to do. Just put in the credit card you booked the flight with, or type in the reservation number. It prints all boarding passes for all passengers.

Thank you all for your help We will be on the Legend leaving tampa on 8/26. I Like calm pool and hot tub where would they be on the ship Thanks!

If you go to the carnival site and click on fun ships tab, and then click on deck plans you can see the deck plans for your ship. Im not sure you posted your cabin # or I missed it. But Im sure that you will have fun. Carnival has the best beds and pizza and deli imo. Iv been on Princess and they might have the same mattresses, but seemed better on Carnival. Iv also been on Rhapsody after the last dry dock, so I have something to compare it to.

Try the reubans (sp?) they toast the deli sandwiches and pile them high. One of their better things they do special.

If you will be using the Internet Cafe for more than just printing Boarding Passes I suggest you sign up the first night, they give you free minutes for signing up the first night which helps if your a big user. There are per minute rates just for doing your boarding passes with a log-on fee and to cost per sheet isn't bad. Don't remember the exact fees, lately. On an old Caper I have here from May 2003, the Package plans are 250 minutes of 100 minutes with 25 minutes added for signing up first night and 15 free minutes for the 100 minute plan. Cost was $.75 per minute + inital fee. Hope this helps.

If you are a fan of Icecream Sundae's, then on sea days there is a Ice Cream sundae bar usually from 3:00 to 5:00 on the fan tail, Lido deck, most folks will be serving up soft serve (this and frozen yogurt are available 24 hours a day) and adding toppings, but the crewman behind the counter has hand scooped Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla and Butter Pecan Ice Cream, just grab a bowl hand it over and tell him which kind you like, plus he has cans of whipping cream back there also.

Archived