First Timer-Disembarking Question...

I have searched and read all the threads I can find on this issue, but I need to know if I am understanding correctly.

Everyone is assigned a color luggage tag. When they call your color, you are allowed to leave the ship and find your luggage. People with early flights are called first, as are people who arranged travel through RCCL. Right?

We got luggage tags with our docs. We are staying in a Jr. Suite, and our tags are red. We are driving to Port Canaveral because we are spending three days in Orlando before our cruise and another two days afterward as well. I would really like to get off the ship as early as possible and get back to Orlando.

Does being in a suite mean you get off early, regardless of travel arrangements?

Sorry for being so wordy, and apologies in advance if this has been answered...I have never seen anyone address this particular question.

I'm assuming that the luggage tags that came with your documents are the ones you put on right before you give your luggage to the porters to put ON the ship.

They usually don't pass out the disembarking luggage tags until the last night of the cruise as you fill out a form early in the week letting the staff know what your return plans are.

At least this is how it worked for our last three cruises (our last one being 8/1/04)

The luggage tags you receive to board the ship designate where your stateroom is on the ship for easier baggage handling.The tags you are given for disembarkation are not necessarily the same color.They designate what order you leave the ship.This is according to flight times and those taking an excursion post debarkation also leave the ship first.I have not sailed RCCL yet(January) but all the other lines we had a suite on gave us priority disembarkation tags.On NCL on The Sky we were given VIP tags and led off the ship first by one of the concierge staff.Have a great cruise.It is very addicting!

Yes, typically suites get early disembarkation, after handicapped and early flights. But here's my tip. Unless you have a very early flight wait until the color or two AFTER your color is called. Why? To find your luggage easier. When you get off the ship, you will be lead to a warehouse type area that has thousands of pieces of luggage sorted by tag color. If you wait until after your color is called, everyone else will have sorted thru the "yellow" bags for instance. By the time you get there, your bags will be the only ones left in the yellow luggage area! You can wait onboard and enjoy an extra cup of coffee, and then walk off the ship and grab your bags. I think this actually saves time in the long run.

I have seen this on other threads about the need to sign up before in order to carry your own luggage off. I once saw a response a while back that they charge you to do this! How soon do you need to sign up and where do you do it? I am leaving on the AOS in 5 days so I'd like to know what the policy is.

Sandi

Archived