Caribbean Princess Emerald Mini Suites

Briarwood

Can anyone advise if they have experienced noise issues in these minis on Emerald? I'm thinking specifically of Club Fusion below, but I guess I should include engine noise or vibration in my question. Thanks!

Before booking our Emerald Mini, I researched and as a result of Club Fusion, specifically the location of the stage being on the Port side of the ship, we opted for Starbord cabin E729. DW and I have cruised in aft cabins in the past, and although there tends to be a bit of the side-to-side motion from the "screws", we've never experienced any discomfort from it. Kinda lulls us to sleep.

So, Starboard side, and if you can get it, E731 because it has an extended balcony.

As mentioned, these minis go fast. We were able to get one 10 months prior to sailing, but not E731. ;)

Although I posted on this thread which is specific to the Caribbean Princess, I am actually looking at booking one of these cabins on the Grand. It is the old Vista Lounge underneath, not Club Fusion, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I doubt its too bad because as you say, these cabins book up very fast!

We loved E730 on the Caribbean Princess. We did hear the bass from Club Fusion a few nights (until 1 am or so) but that was not enough to cause us to wish that we had a different cabin. That long balcony is amazing, and we loved sitting out there and looking back at where we'd been.

The only other downside to these cabins is that you have a LONG walk getting back to the elevators that can take you to the dining room, at least the dining room we were assigned to. I don't mind walking, but if you do, this may not be the cabin for you.

Emerald minis are our favorite! We've been on both the port and starboard sides, and have never heard any noise from the lounge. Lots of vibration when docking in the morning (thrusters?) but that's probably all over the ship. You won't be disappointed!

Briarwood, I am cutting and pasting an excerpt from a review I wrote last year. Hope this is helpful. If you want more info, you can find it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=354822

For stateroom I decided to afford a minisuite with balcony and to afford a separate minisuite for the kids. CB has tons of rooms with balconies, fewer minisuites with balconies and fewer still minisuites with covered balconies. However by using these boards I found what I needed. In fact, I found that there were two staterooms on the CB which not only had all of the above but which also had an oversized deck for no extra $. A huge find and one which paid great dividends on the trip. I requested stateroom E730 for DW and myself (this one had the big balcony) and E728 next door for the kids. They were the aft-most port facing rooms on Emerald Deck or Deck 8. I could look portside and turn to my left and look aft to watch the wake from our huge (almost twice the size) balcony. The other oversized, covered balcony with a minisuite on the CB was E731 on the starboard side. I had the TA lock the rooms down so that Princess could not “upgrade” me.

Stateroom:

Wow! Minisuite was plenty roomy for two, impressively appointed and usefully laid out. Bathroom and shower were fine even for a big guy- I am 6’0” and 330. Plenty of 3 prong grounded outlets (2 at desk in center of room and 2 at storage/entertainment unit in center of room.- no extension cords or outlet strips needed. Hairdryer (same as in most hotels and plenty of power for short-haired DW) was mounted on wall at desk which, with the mirrors, doubled as a vanity. 1 two prong outlet in bathroom specified for an electric razor. Plenty of storage in the room- no hanging pocket devices needed. Desk storage = 3 9x14x6 drawers. Bed storage = 2 nightstands each with 2 14x14x6 drawers and 1 14x14x5 cubby. 6’ of clothes rod 20” deep with 6’ of 20x14 storage above the clothes rod. 20 wooden hangers- some with clips. Closet was 2’ wide x 1’ deep by 5.5’high and 6 shelves. The storage/entertainment unit in center of room offered equivalent of 8 linear feet of counter space as well as two shelves for storage. Bed was very comfortable with nice comforter. I requested the egg crate mattress pad and 2 feather pillows in addition to the 4 regular pillows which were promptly delivered. Kids room needed to have the beds separated which was also promptly taken care of. DW and I are used to a King size bed and the Queen size in the stateroom was such that we couldn’t tell the difference. A/C worked great in the room all week long keeping it nice and cool. We also purchased a small flat AC/DC fan in Ft. Lauderdale since we are used to a ceiling fan. It was great, easy to pack and very useful.

DS and my tuxedos and 2 shirts were hanging on the clothes rods in the staterooms when we arrived. There were also reminder cards in our staterooms for DW & DD pedicure appointments which were made online 1 week before (should have booked even earlier for better selection of times). The first Princess Patter was in our “mailbox” when we arrived- as well as a one page Cruise Planner of the major events for the entire week indicating the formal nights, the precise times planned in each port, etc. Both are useful for making reservations and initial planning of what to do when.

The balcony – holy mackerel it was great and much bigger than balconies on normal rooms, completely covered. Steward unlocked the doorway between our balcony and kids balcony so we could come and go. We had plenty of room when the kids came over to lounge around on loungers, chairs whatever. These portside extreme aft rooms are subject to some noise which may be a bother to some: 1) Constant low hum and vibration of the engines (actually rather soothing) and 2) audible bass sounds from music at Club Fusion one deck directly below- (not so soothing). All 4 of us reported hearing/feeling this every night when in the staterooms at bedtime but none of us had any trouble whatsoever going to sleep –and staying asleep- because of it. Those requiring perfect silence for good sleep may want to select a different location.

Archived