Shore Excursion Advice Please

cotto22

We are very much looking forward to our first Seabourn cruise on the Pride RT from Barbados on 11/10. For those of you experienced Seabourn sailors, can you recommend any of the Seabourn excursions for that cruise? Are there some ports that are better explored on our own?

As a little background, we are middle aged, in relative good shape (not into jungle zipping, however) and while we enjoy gardens, don't particularly want to travel by motorcoach from garden to garden as a way to tour an island. I of course like shopping, and we both like history, beautiful scenery, and things that would be unique to a particular place we were visiting.

Thanks to anyone with some advice!:)

Hi there! I am actually on the week after you, and notice that today the shore excursions are available for booking online. Don't miss the Seabourn Beach Barbeque, if it's available on your cruise (it's complimentary). Tons of food, banana boat rides, and as usual, stellar Seabourn service all day. Best wishes, hope you enjoy yourself!

Jane

The highlight of the beach day is caviar--and Champagne, of course,-- served from a surfboard in waist-high seas. It's a nice little treat before grilled goodies and a tropical punch or two.

I find the Carribean islands beautiful but almost uniformly boring, excursion-wise. I have rarely taken any. You might do best by reading the guide books and the 'ports of call' BB here. Then you can independently hire a taxi and/or use the Concierge services onboard Seabourn to design a day's outing suited to your needs.

Hope this helps.

I have been on 2 shore excursions that I can recommend: In St. Lucia, By Land and Sea was pleasant and a good way to see the Pitons and have a little swimming. We really enjoyed the Adveture River Tubing in St. Georges, Grenada. It did not take long to get there, nice drive and at the river they took excellent care of you. It felt very safe. There was a guide spaced out on the river to help you if you ever needed it. The rapids were fun but nothing intimidating. I hope this helps.

I'm right after you on 11/24.

Absolutely do the Beach BBQ! Not to be missed!!

I have been to most of the Caribbean so again, nothing too exciting but I have to tell you we are tempted to try the Tropical Discovery in Guadeloupe!

Can you post and let us know what you tried out.

(Anything Seabourn arranges will be good)

I usually hire a Taxi for the day in the Carib ~~most drivers are excellent in knowing the Island and love showing off their local colors!

I've done your itinerary several times~~Castries is dee-lightful!

Mayreau, charming ~~~

And, as mentioned, the "Picnic" is not to be missed!! Take your camera~~

A wonderful winter holiday awaits you!:p

Martita B.

I just booked my excursions for the Pride for November 24th.

I can't believe this one! Anyone done this?!

I will have to bring my Underwater Pentax digital camera and share the video online!

A boiler suit!!!:confused:

Guadeloupe

TROPICAL DISCOVERY

An adventurous outing of river "canyoning" is in store for you today.

An adventurous outing of river "canyoning" is in store for you today. As a sport gaining popularity in several countries, canyoning involves traversing down creeks or streams within a canyon by a variety of means including walking, scrambling, climbing, abseiling, and swimming. From the tender pier depart by coach for a short transfer through the volcanic wilderness of Guadalupe. Pause for an informative introduction to the local eco-system before proceeding on for a ½-hour walk through the tropical rain forest. Discover the luxurious vegetation as you make your way to the Amocat River, past a waterfall, and on to the Amocat jump. Here staff members are on hand to assist you into a "boiler suit" so you may safely "jump" into this natural playground of foaming bubble pools, slides, and jumps awaiting your progression down the canyon. This exciting excursion is of the first level over an easy course. We recommend that guests wear closed rubber sole shoes or hiking shoes that you don't mind getting wet, shorts, t-shirt, swim suit; please bring bottled water and a towel from the ship, and fresh clothing to change into at end of tour.

That may be a tad too energetic for me! I don't know exactly what a boiler suit is, but it doesn't sound all that attractive.:D When we were in Hawaii last year, I did climb up Diamond Head, but that didn't offer the possibility of drowning. Did you reserve that excursion?

There is an adventure park called Canyon Forest outside of Nice, FR that I am considering. The pictures were interesting. Looks like you wear a harness for much of it and there are various levels of difficulty. I am just not sure it will be warm enough in the middle of Oct.

That may be a tad too energetic for me! I don't know exactly what a boiler suit is, but it doesn't sound all that attractive.:D When we were in Hawaii last year, I did climb up Diamond Head, but that didn't offer the possibility of drowning. Did you reserve that excursion?

I did! seriously.

Of course can change it on board.

I will have to report and send a picture! Attractive I am sure it is not.

Kate, you are a braver woman than me! Seriously, I am sure that it will be a lot of fun. Please let us know all about it when you return, especially a complete fashion description of the boiler suit. (As hot as it has been here in the Houston area lately, everything I wear feels like a boiler suit!)

I did get an email in response to a question I had posed to Seabourn about the first day of the cruise. It is scheduled as a "Marina Day", even though it lists as "Grande Anse" on the itinerary. Apparently guests can snorkel, water ski, swim (in some sort of cage placed off of the boat?) and possibly tender to a beach nearby (that wasn't 100% assured). I had been a little perplexed, as there were no shore excurions listed for that particular stop, and I wasn't sure where Grande Anse was.

Kate, you are a braver woman than me! Seriously, I am sure that it will be a lot of fun. Please let us know all about it when you return, especially a complete fashion description of the boiler suit. (As hot as it has been here in the Houston area lately, everything I wear feels like a boiler suit!)

I did get an email in response to a question I had posed to Seabourn about the first day of the cruise. It is scheduled as a "Marina Day", even though it lists as "Grande Anse" on the itinerary. Apparently guests can snorkel, water ski, swim (in some sort of cage placed off of the boat?) and possibly tender to a beach nearby (that wasn't 100% assured). I had been a little perplexed, as there were no shore excurions listed for that particular stop, and I wasn't sure where Grande Anse was.

Are you on our sailing or another of the same itinerary. If Martinique is a marina day that is awesome! We loved our Marina day in Europe. It was the BEST! That will be my husband's birthday so that will be a great day to celebrate and have fun and chill.

We are on the 11/10 sailing, which is a 7 day Barbados RT. The first day was listed on the web as Martinique, but after you log in it says "Grande Anse". It had no shore excursions that you could click on, so that is why I emailed Seabourn and found out that it was "Marina Day". Is that the same itinerary as yours?

Archived