CC Group Cruise Question

I just lead the "Mayhem On The Miracle" CC group on Carnival Miracle in April. I would assume the responsibilites are the same regardless of line.. Laura does all the leg work ( bless her) getting the rates, setting up your group page ect. You do ALL the advertising, organizing group activities, meet & greets, tshirts ect if you want. I also set up 2 different group excursions and got us discounts and we went together. I did the work with getting dinner seatings linked, like our group wanted. And set up the group photo with the group coordinator once onboard. It was busy work, but I loved it! We also did door decorating and if you have lots of kids you can do a scavengar hunt ( ours were to old average age 13)

Feel free to email or post any questions. I look forward to doing another one!

Happy Cruising!:D

Donna

Can someone tell me, What exactly does the 'Group Leader' for a CC Group Cruise do? What is involved, after Laura approves the cruise what is the "Leader's" role/ duties?

:confused: :)

As a follow-up question...

What compensation, if any, does a Group Leader receive?

I received NOTHING~ If you do not have atleast 8 double capacity cabins booked you get no compensation. If you go above 8 ( and this depends on cruiselines, I was dealing with Carnival) you get one free birth. The group leader can take it or it can be divided amongst the cabins booked as obc or off the cruise price. Again depends on the line and TA.

FYI~ I had 7 cabins with well over 2 oer, my 8th was a single booking so it didn't count. We did however still get the ammentited that were offered, in our case onboard credit.

Hope that helps~

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Archived