Chef’s table?

yarlenna

I just read about a something called the Chef’s table on one of the Princess ships. Is it on all of their ships. We are doing the Caribbean Princess in October. I would love to try that "Chef’s table if possible.

This concept was introduced on the Emerald Princess and is supposed to be gradually rolled out to the rest of the Princess fleet, but I haven't heard of any other ship that has this available yet.

Thanks for the quick information.

Hi there...

There is quite a bit of info in the CC about the Chef's Table. Yes it is limited seating, yes it's still on only the Emerald (with others soon starting), yes it's difficult to actually get invited...however...

Assuming this link works, it will give you an excellent idea as to what to expect should you ever have the opportunity to experience it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10603253#post10603253

If the above doesn't work, simply search for posts by wbarrister. He wrote the one above.

My wife and I are going on the Emerald with my mother and youngest daughter in Sept. (VERY SOON!! YEAH!!!!!) and we are going to try our best to get a reservation. Presuming we do, I will post our review of it (with pics, I hope) when we return.

Having rambled on the only other thing I can say is that I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful trip!

I.T.Geek

That sounds amazing! I don't understand though, do you have to get invited or make reservations? Or get invited to make reservations? How do you get picked? My fingers crossed they introduce it on the Crown before my cruise in NOv!

Sorry about the confusion re: invite vs reservations. I only mentioned it because in reading what others have gone through trying to get seated at the Chef's table, I got the impression you reserved your name...then got called and advised you were picked.

Now it's entirely possible that I misunderstood the proceedings. Wouldn't be the first time, nor likely to be the last. :confused: What I did understand well enough was that you really have to make a point of getting your name in as soon as is humanly possible. Only 2 seatings, 10 people each and in the vacinity of 3000 cruisers that could be vying for one of those seats.

Pass go, forget the $200 :) and head straight for the dining room (DaVinci's I believe). Fiesta Deck (deck 6?). You won't be carrying the bulk of your luggage, so pass whatever you have along to a family member to take to your suite. You'll have lots of time to explore the ship and all its ammenties AFTER you get your name on the list!

This all presumes you WANT to spend the extra $ to eat at the Chef's table. Some people feel it unreasonable to charge extra for dinner when all the other food (for the most part) is included. But then, they may feel the same about Sabatini's or any of the other speciality restaurants. My wife and I, however, are more than happy to enjoy an experience beyond the norm.

I.T.Geek

Archived