Conquest time and GC time????

amberds21

I am so confused! I have read lots of threads that say ships time is one hour later than time on GC - however, my email from Sotos tours says that they do not have Daylight Saving time in GC. So I have a couple of questions:

Does the conquest stay on Central time throughout the cruise (the time in the Port of New Orleans)?

If we are going during Daylight Saving time - 10/14 to be exact - at the ship docks at 7 am - what time is it going to be in GC?

I am thinking that since Central time is an hour earlier than Eastern Saving time - then we should be on the same time as GC, am I crazy?

Thanks so much for your help - I am a little frazzled!

I e-mailed Soto's with a question about their time versus the Conquest's time here recently. Now I can't find the e-mail! :mad: Anyway, I'm pretty sure she said that the ship's time would be on Central time and that the Grand Cayman Islands would be one hour earlier than the ship's time. And our tour is scheduled for Nov. 4th. Which is after daylight savings time. But you are right about their not having daylight savings time. I'm pretty sure I saw that on my e-mail too.:eek: You could just e-mail them, they have always e-mailed me back within just a few hours. You will probably get the most knowledgable answer directly from them. If you can't remember their e-mail address it's www.sotoscruises.com. You might want to post any info. you get from them here so we will all be more informed on the time situation. Good luck!:)

Soto's morning tour is supposed to be from 9:30 to 12:30 Grand Cayman time. This would be 10:30 to 1:30 ship time and would cut it too close for Sensation cruisers who are only in GC to 2:00. So when I emailed Soto's she said she would adjust the tour to 9 to noon. GC does not observe daylight savings time so they don't spring forward in April...therefore, they are an hour behind ship time.

Since the Conquest sails on Central time and the time period in question is still during Daylight Savings Time, GC time will be the same as ship time. Try http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=377 I believe you will find it is the same time as New Orleans. Any Carnival cruise I have been on always maintains ship time the same as the departure port's time.

Archived