Just returned from the Conquest!

wework2play

We had a great time. I had been on RCI once before, and this was our first Carnival cruise. I found things I like better in both of them. I would cruise both again. I read tons of CC threads comparing Carnival to Royal Caribbean. Honestly, I like both.

Here's MHO:

Carnival has better food selection, and better burgers and pizza. RCI has better dining room food.

Carnival has more acitvities, and earns it's name "fun ship". RCI has fun acitivities, just not as many.

Carnival has bigger stateroom. They win hands down in the stateroom department.

RCI wins for service!!! Carnival had good service, but the little things RCI does makes them the winner. For instance, you can order almost anything in the RCI dining room. On Carnival- only what's on the menu.

Public areas are very crowded on Carnival. At least in my experience, RCI is much more leisurely and sophisticated. Carnival had kids running around yelling, and long lines everywhere. I also take into consideration that we sailed Carnival in August.We sailed RCI in April. RCI wins for beauty! Carnival was still a beautiful ship, but it's true that RCI is a cut above in beauty.

All in all, I had great vacations on both cruise lines. It just depends on your circumstances and preferences.

This has been my experience also. Both products offer wonderful vacation value. They are kind of like Coke and Pepsi.

I find the Conquest class ships very crowded. If you sailed Rhapsody of the Seas before I think you would find it compares nicely with the Carnival Spirit class ships. Spirit, Legend, Pride, Miracle.

Boy workto play hit it right on head....

Conquest is a very nice ship, I like the size and she was beauiful.....but

RCL has them beat to heck in service in dining room and with dining room food....Lido deck and buffet were very good and loaded with different foods......Surmer (seafood) on deck 10 is AWESOME and entertainment was good with activities all abroad....

There is a lot both lines offer that the other does not......

I have yet to understand how, why and what do adult parents of 8-14 year old kids think they should let them run around on a ship at all hours of the night with adults and run up and down halls.....

We had 25 in our group youngest 17 and 3 18 y/o and 2-21 y.o and adults and had a GREAT time with deck party and adult pool area.....

Have cruised on RCL twice and CCL twice.....

My room was not very cool so I would bring a fan next time to move air....but out of the 10 rooms we had only 3-4 complained about a/c....but we were on deck 9 and the balconies and Lido deck were Great---Thanks to Beth our Cruise agent through CCL.....

I would cruise on CONQUEST again.......and it looks like RCL will not have abig ship (or any ship) in Galveston next June thru August) so it may be Conquest.......I do not know how they can afford to just pull out being they have sold out every cruise......

Mark Price the CD is great and keeps thing hopping......Great time in ports but did everything on our own THANKS to cruise critic---

Jamaica---Sunset Beach Resort--40.00 all inclusive

G Cayman--Capt Marvins Stingray tours

Cozumel---Paradise Beach

All were great and was worth the cost.......If anyone has a specific question I will try to answer......

Boy workto play hit it right on head....

Conquest is a very nice ship, I like the size and she was beauiful.....but

RCL has them beat to heck in service in dining room and with dining room food....Lido deck and buffet were very good and loaded with different foods......Surmer (seafood) on deck 10 is AWESOME and entertainment was good with activities all abroad....

There is a lot both lines offer that the other does not......

I have yet to understand how, why and what do adult parents of 8-14 year old kids think they should let them run around on a ship at all hours of the night with adults and run up and down halls.....

We had 25 in our group youngest 17 and 3 18 y/o and 2-21 y.o and adults and had a GREAT time with deck party and adult pool area.....

Have cruised on RCL twice and CCL twice.....

My room was not very cool so I would bring a fan next time to move air....but out of the 10 rooms we had only 3-4 complained about a/c....but we were on deck 9 and the balconies and Lido deck were Great---Thanks to Beth our Cruise agent through CCL.....

I would cruise on CONQUEST again.......and it looks like RCL will not have abig ship (or any ship) in Galveston next June thru August) so it may be Conquest.......I do not know how they can afford to just pull out being they have sold out every cruise......

Mark Price the CD is great and keeps thing hopping......Great time in ports but did everything on our own THANKS to cruise critic---

Jamaica---Sunset Beach Resort--40.00 all inclusive

G Cayman--Capt Marvins Stingray tours

Cozumel---Paradise Beach

All were great and was worth the cost.......If anyone has a specific question I will try to answer......

We also went to sunset beach in Jamaica. I loved it. We went to 7-mile beach in Grand cayman. All we had to pay for was the bus ride- 5.00 per person or so. That was my favorite part of the trip. In Coz we went snorkeling. Also, our room was too hot. We took a fan. It was still hot. Our friends' room was nice and cool though. ???

Them same family can sail for 400-800.00 cheaper on Carnival than RCL from the same port, that right there is the marketing majic that keeps Carnival the top Family cruise line, and the one people complane the most about having children on....RCL draws a larger number of adult cruisers and less children..

I'm not knocking Carnival or RCL just dollar cost facts...

John

Archived