Does anyone know if..........

Does anyone know if you can change your flight to leave one day sooner? After reading this board I feel like I should try to go to San Juan one day sooner instead of arriving on the day we set sail. Is it too late to do this? Does anyone have any experience with this or am I just asking for trouble trying to change things at the last minute? Thanks:)

Does anyone know if you can change your flight to leave one day sooner? After reading this board I feel like I should try to go to San Juan one day sooner instead of arriving on the day we set sail. Is it too late to do this? Does anyone have any experience with this or am I just asking for trouble trying to change things at the last minute? Thanks:)

Yes, it is a very good idea to go early to San Juan, but since you are so close, the airline tickets will have been booked and your ability to change them is limited and will probably cost some money. If you booked air with a TA, you should contact them and inquire about the costs of making this change. If you booked with RCI call them and inquire. If you booked your own air call your carrier and inquire.

jc

Has the fare changed much since you booked it? You will pay a change fee of at least $100, plus the difference in the fare.

Yes the price on our flight has gone up..we got it for 220 and its now at 500. So it looks like we are out of luck. I hope us not arriving the day before won't ruin our trip. Our flight gets in at 2:00, when I booked I thought this would be ample time to get to the boat and get situated before sailing at 8:30. Now I am not so sure.......Thanks for the info.

yes you can change flight arrangements, as along as there are seats available....only problem is that the airlines charge you to do so....my brother, sister in law and her family were charged almost $300 to change theirs in the past but this time they were charged extra freq flyer miles.....they told us this after we had to change our tickets this year...we were booked on rhapsody for april but had to change the date and departure of our cruise from texas to new orleans and from april to march....the airline tickets were orginally just alittle over $350 pp to galveston then went up to $800 to fly to new orleans, which is closer to pa then texas.....btw, royal caribbean had no problems with switching dates and did not even charge us...actually we even had got the same gs on gos that we had on rhaposdy!

Yes the price on our flight has gone up..we got it for 220 and its now at 500. So it looks like we are out of luck. I hope us not arriving the day before won't ruin our trip. Our flight gets in at 2:00, when I booked I thought this would be ample time to get to the boat and get situated before sailing at 8:30. Now I am not so sure.......Thanks for the info.

Well on the plus side, you are most likely going to be fine. On another plus side, there are a lot of ways to get between the islands, and if you get there and the ship has sailed it is possible to get to the next port. Unfortunately, it will be a lot more adventurous of a vacation! :D Good luck, and don't worry about it because all of life is really an adventure.

jc

You should get there in plenty of time. The only thing that will hurt you is if for some reason (mechanical or weather related) they cancel your flight. You will then have to fly to the next port to meet the ship. It is a good thing to have travel insurance if this does happen. We are flying in the same day of our cruise but we are supposed to arrive at 11:30 am

Ann

Do you really think I could miss the ship? I had never thought that, only that I may be rushed and not enjoy the first day as much. Should I really be freaking out right now?

I think you'll be fine. As Apoggi said, unless weather or something else causes a delay/cancellation, you have enough time to get to the port. Keep an eye on the weather, and if it looks like the the day of is going to have rough weather, see what you can do to go standby on an earlier flight. My bet is, you won't have any problems.

I changed our flights for our cruise several years ago. I had booked our flight for the day of the cruise and then got cold feet after reading CC:eek:. I called the airline to request the change. $200 Change fee. Asked if fee could be waived. Clerk said, "We will only waive the fee in cases of death or serious illness in the family" I said "That's why I'm changing, if we miss the cruise because I booked the flight for the day of the cruise, my wife will KILL me!!!" She began laughing out loud and put me on hold. When she came back she said everything was taken care of - no additional cost.

Sometimes humor works much better than complaining;)!

Good Luck with your flight!!!

Archived