Dive Insurance Q: Which company do you like best?

Fila

Read in a scuba magazine a few months back that compared 4 different insurance companies. Was wondering if anyone can offer advise on which one they like most and why.

Do any of these companies cover incidents outside of diving while on vacation. I thought one of them did but I don't remember the name.

My wife and I have Divers Alert Network. So far we like it, but we haven't had to use it yet. Hopefully we won't. The coverage on their preferred plan seems very good. You also get a magazine from them.

I too have DAN insurance. They are the most recognized world wide. I hope to never need to use it, but for such a small price it is worth it to me to be insured. Plus DAN is actually more than just insurance, they are a dive safety research organization and you get a nice publication in the mail. I just got mine today.

Does anyone know how the insurance process works.

Say for example I get hurt during my dive trip (in or out of the water) how do I go about seeking medical assistance?

Now lets say it's a really bad injury and I need an ambulance immediately, do I have to call DAN or PADI or whoever to get permission to seek treatment?

Does Dan cover non dive trip vacations?

Go to DAN's website. They have a good page on their insurance coverage and it should answer all your questions. DAN has 800#s that you're supposed to call when you have an accident. Most dive operations are familiar with DAN procedures and follow them well.

I also have DAN insurance and hope to never use it.

[url]www.diversalertnetwork.com[/url]

Thanks to everyone for their input. I am going cruising next month and was just looking at which unsurance to purchase. It was between DAN and PADI. Due to the fact that I won't be diving much I am going to go with the slightly less expensive coverage of DAN. Coverage is still good. I just don't need the additional coverage for trip cancellation. I have that through my other insurance. I too am now DAN covered.

• 1 month later...

Archived