Anyone received faxed confirmation from Vatican?

Has anyone recently received confirmation for a guided tour of the Vatican after faxing in a request?

I know that this worked several years ago but do not know if this is still available? Any new numbers?? I am not quite sure about the time period - was it 1 month prior to arrival?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - or if there is another contact that has worked well when only have one day in Rome

Thank you all!

I did it last summer, both in English and Italian and specified the date that I needed an answer by because of leaving on the cruise. The faxed confirmation never arrived before we left, but was sitting on the fax machine when we returned. So, if I did it again, I would make sure it was to a fax machine that someone could monitor after you leave on your trip and then fax it to you on the ship.

Has anyone recently received confirmation for a guided tour of the Vatican after faxing in a request?

I know that this worked several years ago but do not know if this is still available? Any new numbers?? I am not quite sure about the time period - was it 1 month prior to arrival?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - or if there is another contact that has worked well when only have one day in Rome

Thank you all!

I just did this in June--sent in our information by fax precisely 30 days in advance--provided the fax numbers of both our Rome hotel and my office--and received faxed confirmation at both numbers about 7 days before our visit. Go to the Vatican website or do a search on this board for the fax number(s)--I didn't keep a copy.

Les

I used the following # from the US

011 39 0669885100

The reason I know it worked: I am an idiot! Wrote down every last detail:

Time, Alternate Time, Our names. I thought I was being very thorough.

They faxed me back and asked which date I was requesting. Whoops! At least I know they are receiving the faxes. That was on Monday. Faxed back (with dates) on Tuesday and have not yet heard anything. Am not surprised as yesterday was a holiday.

Good Luck!

I used the same fax number as in preceding post for our visit this past May. I actually sent the fax three different times before our cruise with all the correct info asking for a 2 pm tour, but NEVER received an answer back. We went to the Vatican anyway, but were running a few minutes late and never found out if our name was on the list or not as the tour win dow was already closed. We took our own tour, but it would have been nice to be with a guide. No fax when we got home either. Don't know what went wrong! :(

Thank you for the fax number update - that is the same number that I used and have heard nothing - tried this earlier this year and last year and never heard back - so really think it is the luck of the draw.

Just wanted to make sure that there was not another phone number or approach - Thank you again for all that responded

Thank you all!

Hi - I faxed the Vatican late one night for a tour in November and received a confirmation back the next day. Office of Guided Tours Fax +06 69 88 40 19. I think you add 011 before the number. This is the number from their return fax.

I had read somewhere that you should wait until a month before, but I tried anyway and was very excited that it worked!

I also faxed another office re the scavi tour but have heard nothing yet.

Good luck!

Received confirmation from the Vatican - I had sent the original one to the 5100 and then after reading above sent another one to ending 4019 - so not sure which one they picked up - but they did pick up and that is all that is important.

On my fax FROM the Vatican it had the 4019 also

Thanks again for ALL your help - very much appreciated

I sent a fax on Tuesday and received a reply today. I did use the country code 011 before their number. I also referenced the U.S. code 001 before my return phone number. I plan to be there in November and was surprised to receive the reply so soon. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to confirm that we also had the same good luck that Sanbern had on confirmation of a Vatican sponsored tour. We sent our fax to the Vatican Office for tours on a Wednesday afternoon and had a confirmation awaiting at my office the very next morning. In spite of the 30 day time rule, we are almost 60 days out, we received a timely response the next day. We did use the Vatican Fax #

011 39 06 6988 5100.

In giving a return fax, I used the 001 prefix for the US. Thanks for all the suggestions. The response may vary since we are attempting this after the summer season rush.

I did this past June. I sent the fax about 30 days out. The confirmation fax was sent after we were already on board. I used my work fax, and my office then e-mailed it to me. I printed it out on the ship and everything was fine.

One other thing: I first had a problem getting the fax through, and realized it had to be sent during THEIR business hours. Apparently the fax did not pick up after hours.

Good luck!

:o

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply, via mail, to a faxed request I had made for tickets to a Papal Audience. It took about 2 weeks and the response confirmed I could collect 3 tickets -vs- the 5 I had asked for, but I had read on the website at www.stuardtclarkesrome.com (which I found from these threads) that the tickets would be delivered to our Rome Hotel. Since I specified in my fax that we were staying in an apartment, maybe that's why they mailed the info on where to pick them up. Regardless, I'm thrilled.

Archived