Be warned!

Rhonda, I'm glad they found at least one. I hope it contains your Mom's purse and the shoes you needed. Good luck! :)

Thanks....I got my dresses...but my mom's purse is gone! It seems there are other items missing as well...I am grateful to have some of my things back...the suitcase which was brand new was destroyed...I just checked the website and according to that they are still missing both bags! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the rest.

Thanks

Rhonda

Rome is notorious for lost baggage. I was cruising out of Genoa - took a domestic flight Rome / Genoa and no bags came. Had to have the first 2 days of the cruise without luggage. Not something I would like to go through again. Of course, if you are cruising out of Rome or flying through Rome, then unfortunately it's an unavoidable risk.

I went a step further. I went to walmart and got the iron on transfers for dark colored items. I printed my name and address and cell phone number and then ironed them on to the top of my suitcase. Even if a luggage tag comes off, this is now permanently attached so no one can say that my information isnt on the bag.

I have heard so many people who have travelled to europe lose their luggage, its my worst fear. My carry on is going to have a lot of stuff on it for this cruise I think lol

QUOTE=cruisinisforme;11334781]I went a step further. I went to walmart and got the iron on transfers for dark colored items. I printed my name and address and cell phone number and then ironed them on to the top of my suitcase. Even if a luggage tag comes off, this is now permanently attached so no one can say that my information isnt on the bag.

I have heard so many people who have travelled to europe lose their luggage, its my worst fear. My carry on is going to have a lot of stuff on it for this cruise I think lol

Great Idea....I think I am going to invent something that makes the luggage keep repeating my name and address and the message DON"T LOSE ME! LOL Be aware about carryons...In London they would only allow one, and your purse counts as one...We had to shove everything in our carryon... Okay now I checked my claim and it said bag #3 was found....ummm I don't have a bag #3.....

I am so sorry to read the post from those that have been effected by this poor attitude of those unhappy workers. I am currently planning a trip next may on NOS out of Barcelona and I am kinda worried and don't want to become next victim.. There are plenty of great idea that I have read such as the "Swiss Army" tags with the GPS, and the permanent marking of our address and phone numbers, thank to every one with all the great info

Hello, Mrs. Perrahh Umm no..oh I beg your pardon...yes, this is she, this is Virgin Atlantic we would like to deliver your bag tonight...Tonight?? What time..oh about 1-2am...Wow! Are you going to be home?? Yes, I will call when I am on your driveway....Will you answer the phone...YES!! Considering this is day 25... Okay if you don't I have to take it back to the airport....AGAIN I have been waiting 25 days why wouldn't I answer the phone...25 days?...Well we have 3000 bags to deliver.

1am bag #2 arrived...in better shape than the first one, but someone had spilled beer on it and it stinks a bit...clothes are jostled around but, seem no worse for the experience. Missing items both my Brighten Leather belts.. a book I was reading.....and for some reason my plan book for work(I am a teacher)

So thanks all for your support and tips, they were much appreciated! The saga ends :)

Rhonda

Archived