Free car parking in Southampton

MistyMoo

Last week I received my brouchure from Princess UK. It has a code for free car parking in Southampton for certain cruises. I am booking through a US travel agent as we are US citizens living in England for a couple of years. My US TA agent said he cannot get us that offer as we would need to book through a UK TA in order to get the offer. Does anyone know if there is away around this? Yes, I want my cake and to eat it too.:D

Last week I received my brouchure from Princess UK. It has a code for free car parking in Southampton for certain cruises. I am booking through a US travel agent as we are US citizens living in England for a couple of years. My US TA agent said he cannot get us that offer as we would need to book through a UK TA in order to get the offer. Does anyone know if there is away around this? Yes, I want my cake and to eat it too.:D

If you have the code, you just need the phone number for CPS (the firm that handles the parking). It's 0238 0334883 (phoning within UK). I don't know if they cross-check you against the passenger list to see who you booked through - I didn't get the impression they did for me - and may just rely on the code. If you then get your paperwork, you're in I would think.

CPS are pretty good. Rates are about £65 for a week, £115 for a fortnight. Bit pricy, but worth it. Just ignore all the over-priced extras they go on about.

Why not see if you can get a decent price, taking account of the free parking, from an on-line UK-based TA? High Street UK TA's sometimes do good deals too, although in the UK they usually are more expensive than on-line.

Beware that booking with a UK TA has a downside - you can't cancel without huge penalties, and can't take advantage of price reductions later.

There you are - I can give proper grown-up advice.........yes, it surprised me, too.

:)

Why not see if you can get a decent price, taking account of the free parking, from an on-line UK-based TA? High Street UK TA's sometimes do good deals too, although in the UK they usually are more expensive than on-line.

The US prices are much better. But, this American is curious, What is meant by "High Street UK" TA? I've seen the term before, but don't know what it means.

The US prices are much better. But, this American is curious, What is meant by "High Street UK" TA? I've seen the term before, but don't know what it means.

Sorry! Just a general collective term of reference in the UK meaning typical shops (stores) you'd see in any High Street - often the name for the main central road in a UK town. Nowadays used to differentiate physical shops from on-line, catalogues etc as well.

I did recieve this offer however it does not mean the car parking is at the port itself. I thought it was but I was booked into the airport parking. I did not want this as I would have to drive there, lug my luggage about wait for the bus etc.

I booked directly with CPS at the port and my TA did refuned me the cost of the airport parking. Just drive into the post and off you go.

Archived