Hyatt Regency Miami

LibrarianCruiser

I got this hotel through Priceline, and have recently read some bad reviews about noise from construction, remodel, etc.

Does anyone have some recent experience at this hotel (past month or two) that they could share?

We're obviously just using it as a stop-over the night before our cruise, so I'm not too worried, but it would be great if some of these problems were resolved before our November cruise!

Thanks!

I got this hotel through Priceline, and have recently read some bad reviews about noise from construction, remodel, etc.

Does anyone have some recent experience at this hotel (past month or two) that they could share?

We're obviously just using it as a stop-over the night before our cruise, so I'm not too worried, but it would be great if some of these problems were resolved before our November cruise!

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is a lot of condominium construction going on in the downtown and financial district of Miami. For one night I wouldn't worry to much about it. I deal with the construction noise day in and out as I have two projects going up on the south and east side of building :mad:

The hotel itself is being remodelled. I stayed there in May, and they were were working on the floor (the room!:eek: ) on the 20th floor, directly above ours. It rousted me out of bed at 8:00 (5:00 by my West Coast internal clock) and the manager ended up refunding the points I had used to book the room.

Now, if you request and get a room as far away from the construction as possible, I think you'll be fine. The hotel is a standard business hotel: the the rooms were clean, the beds were terrific, room service was prompt (and the burger and fried delish) and the staff was very nice. For an overnight stay prior to a cruise I think it's more than adequate.

Archived