Alaska Travel in September??

Fire and Ice

For those of you who have travelled to Alaska in early September how was the weather when you were there? Was it really as rainy as I'm expecting? There's no turning back now - we leave in two weeks, so if it rains everyday, then it rains everyday. I was just looking for a little hope :)

When we were in Alaska last year mid to late September it rained in Juneau and it POURED in Ketchikan. It was misty foggy in Skagway in the morning and then cleared into a beautiful day. I will say that some of our tour guides did say that they were getting more rain last year in September than they had in previous years. Hopefully it won't be too bad. We are going back to Alaska September 15th so hopefully we will have better weather, but I'm not counting on it! No rain could ruin our cruise! The views are awesome even in the rain!

We're on the 8/27 sailing of the Coral Princess. We went once before in early September and had pretty good weather. Very rainy in Ketchikan, but the rest of the cruise, the weather was very nice. Let's both hope this year is like that year!

Archived