Its all carnivals fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefexplorer

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but......................Here I was minding my own business last January when carnival ran this special. $377.00 for an outside room on Liberty. Well we leave in a little over 3 weeks and now I have to pack enough clothes for 1 week. I have to miss work for a week, I won't be able to clean house, do dishes, scrub toilets and listen to the darn phone for 1 whole week................. Never mind having to eat food cooked by someone else, having my bed made and my room cleaned up by someone else and no way anyone can get a hold of me by phone for 1 WHOLE WEEK......... Has anyone else had this problem?

LINDA

Yes I had this problem last year and we booked our cruise for this Nov on the Spirit. We are leaving in 98 days. Can't wait.

Hope you have a great time not cooking, cleaning or answering the phone for a week.:D Enjoy!

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but......................Here I was minding my own business last January when carnival ran this special. $377.00 for an outside room on Liberty. Well we leave in a little over 3 weeks and now I have to pack enough clothes for 1 week. I have to miss work for a week, I won't be able to clean house, do dishes, scrub toilets and listen to the darn phone for 1 whole week................. Never mind having to eat food cooked by someone else, having my bed made and my room cleaned up by someone else and no way anyone can get a hold of me by phone for 1 WHOLE WEEK......... Has anyone else had this problem?

LINDA

After 48 cruises, [actually much sooner] the condition becomes chronic and you have to learn to live with it.:o

Dan

LINDA

Linda, I can't tell your how bad I feel for you. That is going to be the most horrible week you have ever had. And don't forget they drag you, yes drag you, to these places and make you go and visit the ports. There really should be a law :eek: And don't forget about the Foo Foo drinks:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful cruise :D

I had the same problem with Carnival last week. So awful I had to write a letter to them explaining how I was brought two desserts (TWO!) each night! And when I walked down the cabin halls I was forced to smile and say hello to sooo many cabin stewards! It was exhausting!!! And those Drinks of the Day I drank... they had ALCOHOL in them! A LOT! And those other passengers on board... I was forced to make friends with them and now I have more people to send Christmas cards to. DARN-IT! Then I had to spend so much money on beautiful photographs of my family... everyone was smiling in the pictures - whoever heard of that?? Plus my teenagers had such a wonderful time that I never saw them the entire week except for dinner and everyone got along... actual family interaction! I couldn't take much more!

I don't know. Something should be done. I think l'm about to be swindled again in January. I don't know if I can take it!

LINDA

Yes, we had that problem but we got over it twice :D

I work 7:00PM - 7:30Am (I am a RN at a hospital) and I will be missing the night shift, worse of all I won't be able to call the DRs at 2:00am...Maybe I can take some of their phone numbers with me so I can give them a call.....(actually I don't call them unless its is reallllly necessary that late).

Because of this cruise I will actually have to SLEEP at NIGHT (what a novel idea)

LINDA

But Linda, aren't you just trading one 4 star hotel for another? lol:D

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but......................Here I was minding my own business last January when carnival ran this special. $377.00 for an outside room on Liberty. Well we leave in a little over 3 weeks and now I have to pack enough clothes for 1 week. I have to miss work for a week, I won't be able to clean house, do dishes, scrub toilets and listen to the darn phone for 1 whole week................. Never mind having to eat food cooked by someone else, having my bed made and my room cleaned up by someone else and no way anyone can get a hold of me by phone for 1 WHOLE WEEK......... Has anyone else had this problem? LINDA

DAMN THE BAD LUCK !!:eek:

not awful..threads I have been forced to read in a verrry long time..more, more, more, I'm sooo NOT tired of hearing about allll theses reports...I am being forced to sail in 11 days, 31 days, 68 days, 75 days, 90 days,161 days, 187 days, and 25 days more added days of cruising to all those..I can hardly stand to be subjected to all this torture of 60 days of cruising..I'm just gonna go sit in my suitcase and cry........NOT

You know I am going to have the same problem in 78 days. I was hijacked last Sept for this cruise event and it was horrible. My therapyst who I saw yesterday said I needed to go through this horific tragic thing again. What is a man suppose to do. Thank you one in all for your support.

Robb

Actually, I'm going to have the same problem in two weeks. But I'm not blaming Carnival -- it's really not their fault. I'm putting the blame where it lies: directly here on Cruise Critic. I would never have booked this cruise if not for what I learned on this board so it's you all's fault.

I know you guys are all joking, but I really do I hate missing my tv shows. If I miss an episode of LOST, I will be ... ummm.... well lost.

Well thank goodness for TiVo. But I feel its my responsibility as a fellow Cruise Critic member to volunteer to take your place for your upcoming cruise in 85 days. I would not want anything to interfer with you missing "Lost":D

Well thank goodness for TiVo. But I feel its my responsibility as a fellow Cruise Critic member to volunteer to take your place for your upcoming cruise in 85 days. I would not want anything to interfer with you missing "Lost":D

My shows don't actually start the new season till the sunday after we are back, so I won't be missing much.

LINDA

Made my day - haven't stopped laughing...thanks so much for a very amusing and entertaining post by someone who has a marvelous outlook & sense of humour..

Happy cruisin' dear!

Now I have to practice waddling from eating all that food they shove in front of you when you sit in their smancy, fancy dining room. Don't they know that I was taught to "eat whats in front of you?"

Also it's Carnivals fault that we have Cruise Critic, don't they know we use this as a support group. Maybe we should call it "cruisers anonymous." Anyone else have this problem?

Oh by the way it is infecting others that I have to work with also.......................One of my good friends is in Alaska on the Spirit right now as I speak.... I hope she isn't going to become as addicted as I am.

LINDA

LINDA

All I know is that Carnival is totally responsible for my addiction to cruising.

They wanna make me go to rehab, but I said NO NO NO.

another problem I will have is like the gal will miss her shows. I don't know what I am going to do missing JR & Bobby & Miss Ellie. Its bad enough that Soap Net has cut back my show to 2 days a week now. Then I will have allot of catching up to do reading all the CC news I will miss.

Robb

What about sitting in traffic getting to and from work. They actually put up a security ring around the ship and give it the right of way in and out of port. HOW WILL ANY OF US GET ROAD RAGE WITH THIS KIND OF TREATMENT!!!!! :mad: :confused: :D

OK this is my problem, I am used to getting up at 3 am for work and in 24 days I am going to have to start staying up half the night dancing with my husband so I won't be able to get up at least until sunrise. Why do I put myself through these things?

Archived