Port Hotel

CRUZCOOL

We are leaving out of Miami on the Liberty in October. I wanted to book the Hyatt Regency but now, all their normal rooms are booked. That leaves us with a jr. suite at $100+ than the other rooms. I also looked at the Holiday Inn but it was not impressive. We want to the spend the Friday night at Bayside. Can anyone please suggest a hotel? I am thinking about the Hyatt anyway b/c it is our honeymoon. Thanks

We are leaving out of Miami on the Liberty in October. I wanted to book the Hyatt Regency but now, all their normal rooms are booked. That leaves us with a jr. suite at $100+ than the other rooms. I also looked at the Holiday Inn but it was not impressive. We want to the spend the Friday night at Bayside. Can anyone please suggest a hotel? I am thinking about the Hyatt anyway b/c it is our honeymoon. Thanks

The Holiday Inn may not be impressive, but is closest to the port and directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace. The Marriott Biscayne Bay is not bad, but you will need to get a cab to get to Bayside.

Try the Intercontinental. It is a very nice property. Although it is close to Bayside, you may still want to cab it.

We stayed at the Conrad on our Honeymoon in July. It was extravagant but definitely overpriced, but we used rewards points to pay for everything except one meal :D . It wan't anywhere near Bayside though. Holiday Inn is the best thing if you want to be close to the port.

We've used Priceline for the downtown Miami area (3 and 4 star properties) and have gotten Hyatt, Marriott Biscayne Bay and Radisson for prices very much below the prices that they charge on their websites. There are only a limited number of hotels in those categories so you can pretty much be certain of getting a hotel that is more than acceptable. Marriott and Radisson have great views of the ships in port and are only a short cab ride or free Metro people mover away from Bayside Marketplace. For a honeymoon you might shy away from taking a chance on not knowing what hotel you are getting until your bid is accepted, but as I say, the limited number of hotels that you could get means that you will get one that is more than acceptable.

We are staying at the Intercontinental in Miami, walkable to Bayside and very very nice. I used lastminutetravel.com and paid the same as I would have for the Holiday Inn!!! It was one of the hidden name properties though, but it said how many stars and approximate location so I knew it was the IC.

If I were you I would reconsider the Holiday Inn. You can get a 1 bedroom corner suites. It would be one of the 11 suites, i.e. 611, 711, 811, 911. They are 1 bedroom seperate suites with a small kit. seperate living room and all these suites have a view of Bayside and the cruise ship docks. And, best of all you are right across the street from Bayside. We have stayed in all of these suites and I can personaly can say you won't be disappointed. They are a little spendy for the HI at around $250.00 but it is your honeymoon.

Considering you are looking for October dates, unless there's a convention in town, you should be able to get a great deal on Priceline. ANd you won't be unhappy if you choose the highest star properties.

If you'll be spending the evening at Bayside, go for the Intercontinental. Close to Bayside and nice.

Archived