Seabourn Repeat Cruiser Benefits

jschutz

Matt-No, Seabourn does not contact you . You have to keep track of your "days" (and be prepared to correct the "official" record if needed). You are restricted to the category you have normally cruised in (I suppose if you have jumped all over the place it might be negotiable) and there has to be availability in "your" category. It's a wonderful benefit but you have to look out for yourself.

And once you've sailed you become a Club Member and are entitled to the "Guest Referral's." These are coupons ~~once filled out and sent in, your "referral" and you receive a $400 ship board credit.

These coupons are sooo handy~~dry cleaning, spa, boutique shopping, excursions, fine wine packages, etc.

These referrals are generous "thank you's" for sailing, from Seabourn!

I also leave monies from my ship board credit~~adding more to it, to the Crew Fund.

Martita B.

I like the simplicity of this - no levels - just a simple and what I believe a generous program. By the way, is the 5% discount off of whatever fare you pay, even if that fare is a publicly discounted fare?

And once you've sailed you become a Club Member and are entitled to the "Guest Referral's." These are coupons ~~once filled out and sent in, your "referral" and you receive a $400 ship board credit.

These coupons are sooo handy~~dry cleaning, spa, boutique shopping, excursions, fine wine packages, etc.

These referrals are generous "thank you's" for sailing, from Seabourn!

I also leave monies from my ship board credit~~adding more to it, to the Crew Fund.

Martita B.

The complimentary 14 day cruise offered after 140 days of cruising is shown under Club Membership on Seabourn online but no reference is made of Guest Referrals. I have had offers of these through the postal system but I do`nt think through emails.:confused:

I like the simplicity of this - no levels - just a simple and what I believe a generous program. By the way, is the 5% discount off of whatever fare you pay, even if that fare is a publicly discounted fare?

I don't think anybody has said the 5% discount is if you book a trip when you are on a cruise! We, and almost all of the regulars do! Don

You are right Don, nobody mentioned that!

One can also make an open booking though, if you don't know yet what cruise you would like to do in the next two years. You pay 1000 dollars or 800 euro per suite and then for any cruise you book within two years you are entitled to the 5% discount. Or if you can't make a decision or a cruise for that matter, you get your deposited money back.

Marja

I also just found out on another thread that if you pay with American Express Platinum card you get a $300 OBC plus a bottle of premium wine/champagne. I immediately xld my Visa deposit and am putting the whole cruise on my AmExp. Just too cool.

jschutz — as I learned the hard way about 4 years ago, Seabourn and Amex will not give you the shipboard credit if your Platinum Amex card is a "partnered" Platinum Amex card such as a Delta SkyMiles or Costco Platinum Amex card.

If your Platinum card is strictly from Amex with no other afiliations, then you will be just fine. Enjoy your premium wine and with some of your onboard credit, you may want to consider posting a travelogue of your adventures at sea for us landlocked sailors. ;)

You are correct regarding the Platinum card(s). We do have an "unaffiliated" AmEx Platinum card and can therefore take advantage of the Seabourn benefits. We will use the OBC to pay for the premium wine selection:D.

You are correct regarding the Platinum card(s). We do have an "unaffiliated" AmEx Platinum card and can therefore take advantage of the Seabourn benefits. We will use the OBC to pay for the premium wine selection:D.

We use ours and love that SBC. Don't forget the SPA! Love that massage!

Archived