Howard Johnsons in Ft. Lauderdale? Anyone stay there? Got a good rate,makes me wonder

Ive used it before, and I have a hard time believing the bad ones usually. people do have bad experiences at hotels for sure, but some people have outrageous expectations for what they are paying for. Ive worked in 5 different hotels, people pay 50 a night and expect world class accomodations. One hotel ive stayed at is the Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC. Granted, the hotel is probably the worst ive ever stayed in as far as Decor and cleanliness. However, you are also paying on average half of what the surrounding hotels are charging. People on Trip Advisor give that hotel the worst ratings ever, and i think it is a bit unfair. You get what you pay for, and frankly, for NYC, im happy with a bed, bathroom and a TV to watch as Im falling asleep, Im happy. People there are mad they have to wait in a line to check in, the hotel has 1700 rooms +, what do they expect! Without ever seeing it, I would say take those bad reviews with a grain of salt!

Nauticaz, thanks for the response. I think your right. It's only for one night...so I think I will take my chances. The hotel offers a shuttle at a cheap price and it's on the beach. I only paid 56.00 a night...so I'm sure it's not the Ritz but that's okay as long as it's clean...i'm there! :D

We stayed here in May. Pretty shabby. It was OK for one night. Our patio overlooked the garbage area. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn fairly close to Howard Johnson's and that parking area was a $9 extra charge and not at all secure. Howard Johnson's had an underground gated parking area that was free.

Archived