Kennedy Space Center Post Cruise

picruiser

Our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm after our cruise on the Glory in October. Has anyone done the Kennedy Space Center tour, and if so, how much is it? Is there any other tour that we can do, besides the Space tour that will hold our luggage for us? Are there any hotels that we can visit and use their facilities until our flight? Thanks for youor help. Sonia

HI sonia We did it this past may and were frankly disappointed. It almost 300.00 for myself, dh and ds. A few things were neat to look at , but no hands on. the will tell you that is is a more expensive ticket, that you cant get at KSC and it allows you to more places. they do sell the ticket at the center, nd if i remeber correctly it was the same price. The coolest part was seeing the gators, and other wildlife, including an eagles nest on the way \. it is inside a big wildlife refuge, Merritt Island. We wouldnt spend the $ or the time again :( let me know if want any other info. this was the only offering for cape canaveral when we went.

WOW 300$$?? I was there (mind you I drove myself) and you can walk though parts of it, if I remember right for free while the other parts and the tour are in the 20ish range....I may have it off by 10 bucks give or take but no way in the world I would pay $300!!

We went to KSC in July and I have to agree with newbie2cruise...very overpriced. For our family of 5 it was about $250 and my kids (12, 15 and 16)were bored (so was I). Also, they sold me the ticket that was also good for the astronauts hall of fame, but they didn't tell us that the HOF was not on the same property and you needed to drive to it. We didn't have a car, as we had taken a taxi from the ship. If I were you, I would find something else to do!

Jen

I guess it depends on your family. My husband is so into anything dealing with the space program, so he absolutely loved it. My boys (11 year old twins) also enjoyed it and even our DD liked it. I thought it was ok, as I grew up in the Orlando area and actually remember seeing Apollo launches as a kid. If you like history, specifically about the space program you will like it. It's not Disney World by any stretch of the imagination, but you will learn a lot if you choose to.

NASA is awesome! Don't let getting hose by CCL sour you on it. JUst don't do a ship's tour! I reserved a SUV (Chevy Blazer ) from Budget. They picked us (free) from the port and took us back to get our car> The SUV was only $50! Then, we drove to NASA and paid $27 each (I think). After that, we drove back to the airport, dropped SUV off and flew home.

Archived