Darn Darn Darn -- 8/19/07 Carnival Valor Change

coofie

Sorry, but you keep saying you want to move on and yet you can't because you seem to have a pathological need to get in the last word.

I find it highly amusing.

... am I wrong, go ahead prove it.

yes I am a last word freak...at least I admit it!

Glad you can be amused...hope your need to be right is fulfilled!!

Don't like what I post...don't answer me...my guess is you can't help yourself either......

Go ahead.....MAKE MY DAY!!!!

thank you...wish we could discuss this without beating up on someone. Maybe he could get an extra $20 out of this instead of nothing...but after rereading it maybe not.

Lets try to be helpfull. I dont think this would be my cruise I was expecting either. You picked a certain cruise for a reason and need time to remake plans and to "get over it" and move on. (or cancel as Carnival allows within 24 hours).

I really do understand what you are saying... but you also have to understand the other side. Yes, I understand the disappointment... that is SO understandable... but most would shake it off and start planning things to do in the new ports. If you can't do that, why in the world would you even book a cruise during the PEAK of hurricane season... not just hurricane season, but the PEAK of it.... so much so that this same person booked at the same time last year and had the SAME thing happen... so they KNEW the risk. They KNEW this could happen... why get SO irrate about something that you KNEW there was a chance of happening? Disappointment is one thing... petitioning for people to call Carnival and complain, and threatening to never cruise on this line again is another. I understand picking a cruise for a reason, but when that cruise happens to fall during the most active time of year for hurricanes, you have to leave room for change (and there is no longer an excuse of "I didn't know it was hurricane season, after Katrina, there isn't a person in this country that doesn't know when hurricane season is here) So I don't mean to sound cold, but when you are here for years and years, and you see this type of post every time, you have to wonder what people are thinking.... disappointment is understandable, but personal accountability for your own vacation has to come into play as well.

) So I don't mean to sound cold, but when you are here for years and years, and you see this type of post every time, you have to wonder what people are thinking.... disappointment is understandable, but personal accountability for your own vacation has to come into play as well.

wow-- to think this is only the start of the season-- this thread took on a life of its own. I wanna keep watching.

with so many posts about Dean and changing of the ports- i do wonder why the people took the chance. Do people really think it only happens to other people?

I agee that its one thing to be disappointed... but llive with it and make changes.

Imagine booking a land vacation in Jamaica for this week and staying at all all inclusive-

kinda puts things in prospective

I really do understand what you are saying... but you also have to understand the other side. Yes, I understand the disappointment... that is SO understandable... but most would shake it off and start planning things to do in the new ports. If you can't do that, why in the world would you even book a cruise during the PEAK of hurricane season... not just hurricane season, but the PEAK of it.... so much so that this same person booked at the same time last year and had the SAME thing happen... so they KNEW the risk. They KNEW this could happen... why get SO irrate about something that you KNEW there was a chance of happening? Disappointment is one thing... petitioning for people to call Carnival and complain, and threatening to never cruise on this line again is another. I understand picking a cruise for a reason, but when that cruise happens to fall during the most active time of year for hurricanes, you have to leave room for change (and there is no longer an excuse of "I didn't know it was hurricane season, after Katrina, there isn't a person in this country that doesn't know when hurricane season is here) So I don't mean to sound cold, but when you are here for years and years, and you see this type of post every time, you have to wonder what people are thinking.... disappointment is understandable, but personal accountability for your own vacation has to come into play as well.

I see no point in not being nice to the OP. Sure he knew he took a chance but figured the odds were in his favor maybe? Having been thru Andrew, Frances and Jeanne, I already knew when hurricane season was, but i try to cruise year roung, and I would be disspointed too if I really wanted a certain port...but Im used to it. I travel with someone who always has a bad day it seems at the port we never have been to and so we spend the day in the cabin. We cant plan ahead....but not everyone is used to this.

All of what you are saying is justification for not being nice to the OP. I still see no reason. Let him vent....dont respond if you think he is so out of order...you dont have to defend Carnival to the death because someone was dissapointed they got hit twice in 2 years.

I see no point in not being nice to the OP. Sure he knew he took a chance but figured the odds were in his favor maybe? Having been thru Andrew, Frances and Jeanne, I already knew when hurricane season was, but i try to cruise year roung, and I would be disspointed too if I really wanted a certain port...but Im used to it. I travel with someone who always has a bad day it seems at the port we never have been to and so we spend the day in the cabin. We cant plan ahead....but not everyone is used to this.

All of what you are saying is justification for not being nice to the OP. I still see no reason. Let him vent....dont respond if you think he is so out of order...you dont have to defend Carnival to the death because someone was dissapointed they got hit twice in 2 years.

Wait, are you still talking about the OP that called me and others ATHEISTS????? :confused: As a Christian, I certainly didn't think that was nice... and I didn't appreciate it, yet I still didn't get that ugly with her (yes, if you look at her previous posts, it's a her, but everyone always thinks anyone that complains and bitches is a man)

She vented, but others can state their opinions... the flames the OP threw were WAY WORSE than ANYTHING anyone put out there. And I have every right to post, and explain that they should be mad at mother nature, not Carnival... I would say the same thing on RCCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, etc... since they ALL have to deal with this. There is a difference between bashing and stating an opinion... the OP was the one to come out on this board and make this personal... yet how many people posted to her that calling people atheists wasn't very nice? Did you say something to her about that?? Just checking... it's okay for her to be mean right??? :confused:

Just checking... it's okay for her to be mean right??? :confused:

I dont like to see anyone get flamed or be mean to someone else.

Neither side. I know it seems to make some folks' day here to read strife....but Im not taking either side. I dont see the OP still posting, so didnt say it to "her".

OK Im done, if you all want to keep this up, Im thru reading this.

Wait, are you still talking about the OP that called me and others ATHEISTS????? :confused: As a Christian, I certainly didn't think that was nice... and I didn't appreciate it, yet I still didn't get that ugly with her (yes, if you look at her previous posts, it's a her, but everyone always thinks anyone that complains and bitches is a man)

She vented, but others can state their opinions... the flames the OP threw were WAY WORSE than ANYTHING anyone put out there. And I have every right to post, and explain that they should be mad at mother nature, not Carnival... I would say the same thing on RCCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, etc... since they ALL have to deal with this. There is a difference between bashing and stating an opinion... the OP was the one to come out on this board and make this personal... yet how many people posted to her that calling people atheists wasn't very nice? Did you say something to her about that?? Just checking... it's okay for her to be mean right??? :confused:

SALUTE!!!;)

You have to wonder if the OP is even still reading any of this?

Would be interesting if the OP would post a response to all of this. (Not that I am trying to stir the pot or anything LOL!)

SALUTE!!!;)

You have to wonder if the OP is even still reading any of this?

Would be interesting if the OP would post a response to all of this. (Not that I am trying to stir the pot or anything LOL!)

And SALUTE to you Jon :D Happy Saturday to ya!!!!

She is probably reading, and biting her fingers off to keep from replying since she said she was "done" :p

Ah, back to my lazy Saturday.... hope everyone is having a great one!! And remember to say a little prayer for those that are actually truly affected by this nasty hurricane :(

I totally pray for your souls. (Actually, that is going to be a waste as you obviously are all atheists!)

For those of you who have posted nasty, hurtful comments, I really feel sorry for you. YOU are the most pathetic group of people who have nothing better to do with your lives and time than to spew nastiness and crap out of your mouth -- there is NO mouthwash strong enough. GET A LIFE!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

The rest of you -- may you each reap tenfold what you sow.

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

WARNING: THIS BULLETIN BOARD IS FOR CARNIVAL OWNERS ONLY. OTHERS BEWARE OF GROTESQUELY DEFORMED GUARD DOG(S)!

You all are so sad... so sad!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for us as we need them and from the looks of your post you need all the practice you can get.

I totally pray for your souls. (Actually, that is going to be a waste as you obviously are all atheists!)

For those of you who have posted nasty, hurtful comments, I really feel sorry for you. YOU are the most pathetic group of people who have nothing better to do with your lives and time than to spew nastiness and crap out of your mouth -- there is NO mouthwash strong enough. GET A LIFE!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

WARNING: THIS BULLETIN BOARD IS FOR CARNIVAL OWNERS ONLY. OTHERS BEWARE OF GROTESQUELY DEFORMED GUARD DOG(S)!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope next August when you cruise there's a Hurricane in the Eastern AND Western and you're relegated to a 7 night CTN off the Florida coast.

How's that for mean-spirited?

It's one thing to complain and vent. It's another to lose total touch with reality. Carnival owes her nothing. Is it the cruise she booked? No! But the cruise contract clearly states that Carnival has the right to change the ship and the ports of call at any time.

I do feel for those sailing this week. My own folks and 17 of their friends are on the Carnival Holiday leaving today. They were suppose to have gone in to Mexico. Instead they are going to Freeport and Key West. My first cruise was diverted during a Hurricane. Instead of RCI's private island and Nassau, we went to Key West and the rest of the 4 days at sea. RCI told us that no ships were able to dock at Nassau. When we got back to the airport in Orlando, we found out that the Carnival ship and the NCL ship docked by us in Key West had left and sailed to Nassau as planned. The only thing that RCI offered us was free drinks. Which resulted in a ship full of drunks! So much fun I tell you! :rolleyes:

I am certainly not trying to stir things up, I have been following this post all morning and I doubt the OP is still reading and my response would probably make things worse but I wanted to post my own experience with Carnival:

As you can tell from my signature I have only been on 3 cruises, 2 RCL and 1 Carnival. I put a group of friends and family together and did all the planning. I convince ppl to spend their hard earned money on a 6 day cruise on Liberty November 06 Thanksgiving week. A few days before we were set to sail Carnival contacted us and said the 6 day was changed to a 4 day and the ports were all changed. We were now going to Key West and Cozumel which my DH and I had done on the cruise before this one. Needless to say everyone panicked. The reason for the changed was the transatlantic NoroVirus outbreak.

This was Carnival's offer: 100% refund or 50% off the cruise, 50% off future cruise and monies toward 2 days stay at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale to compensate for the 2 days missed on the ship and flight arrangements made prior to change in itinerary. I was very impressed with the offer.

Now many in the group including DH wanted to back out initially. So I can understand OPs fustration. All that planning, but sh*t happens every day in life. Carnival wanted to leave the ship in port for 2 days for sanitizing. I convinced all to take advantage of offer and with the exception of one who had work commitments and wanted to back out anyway, all went. The ship was probably cleaner than the day she set sail on her first cruise.

We all had a great time. So good in fact I have another group planned for the Thanksgiving week 2008 on Splendor. Knowing it is still hurricane season and any number of other things can go wrong, I hope we get the 8 day cruise but if not we will make the best of whatever situation comes.

I know this doesn't help the OP but Carnival couldn't have been any fairer to us. I for one was grateful even though the incident cause a couple of stressful days and sleepless nights.

Acutally the ones that need the prayers are the people in the direct path of the Hurricane.......my thoughts and prayers are with all in the way of Dean...

That is so true. We need to send all of our thoughts and prayers to the people in the path. I know a few of my coworkers are watching the progress of Dean and praying, they have family and friends in Jamaica and Haiti.

The Carnival Valor departing 8/19/07 from Miami is NO LONGER GOING to the Western Caribbean!!

We have been diverted as follows:

SUN 08/19/07 MIAMI 07:00AM 4:00PM

MON 08/20/07 NASSAU 07:00AM 2:00PM

TUE 08/21/07 AT SEA

WED 08/22/07 ST. THOMAS 09:00AM 6:00PM

THU 08/23/07 ST. MAARTEN 07:00AM 6:00PM

FRI 08/24/07 AT SEA

SAT 08/25/07 AT SEA

SUN 08/26/07 MIAMI 06:00AM

This TOTALLY sucks. The same exact thing happened to my family of 5 last year on the 8/26-9/2/06 Carnival Glory and we visited the same exact ports. This is RIDICULOUS -- there are other ports available to Carnival, but it appears they have once again taken the easy way out. Last year we got a big fat $25/pp cabin credit (they HAVE to give each passenger $20 for not replacing a port visit). Just got off the phone with a supervisor who told me Carnival is offering NO COMPENSATION!!!

This will be my LAST Carnival cruise if that is the case.

CALL TO COMPLAIN!!

Also, mostly all Carnival ships are being diverted, so if you are leaving within the next few days, call to check!

If you cruise in Hurricane season (wow the prices are lower wonder why?) then you need to expect port changes, the stupid carnival won't sail you into a hurricane no matter how much you yell or whine, sorry:rolleyes:

Morris619-- thank you!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a pickle

And btw we are leaving September 9th for GC, CM, Coz and Belize!!! I've made reservations for excursions and have it all planned out what we will do................ and am also very aware I might end up in St Thomas/Martin, or Canada and will be equally tickled to be alone in the middle of the ocean with my hubby and some good CC friends. If you sail in Hurricane season you have to go with the flow, otherwise plan a Alaskan cruise or land vacation. All I can say is if God gave us that beautiful ocean to enjoy, thats exactly what I intend to do with it!!! No matter where it's sailing Cheers. Carole

:rolleyes:

*edited for content*:rolleyes:

Threads like these really get to me...for once why can't someone (first) concern be for the folks that might be impacted by the cane...Katirna, Rita or Wilma(?) and Mitch come to mind.

Consider yourself lucky...at least you'll be on a ship.

Gawd, no kidding. I would have much preferred to have been on a cruise in September 2005 when Rita struck instead of cleaning out spoiled food from 100 refrigerators and freezers, picking up pieces of my roof from the neighbors yard, storing the surviving contents of my home in a 5'x5' storage room, looking for another place to live, driving 4 hours a day back and forth to work from another County because "work goes on", profusely sweating 8 hours a day cleaning up debris.... :mad:

Shall I go on? Yeah, I'd rather be a on a diverted cruise to *anywhere* instead of what the folks in Dean's path are about to endure. God bless them all.

Shall I go on? Yeah, I'd rather be a on a diverted cruise to *anywhere* instead of what the folks in Dean's path are about to endure. God bless them all.

Voices of reason. If prayers are needed, and they are, pray for the people on the islands and destinations that we all love to visit. They are about to endure a storm of monstrous proportions. :(

This change in itinerary is something that is caused by the hurricane not because Carnival wants to ruin your vacation. I can understand being disappointed but the same can happen on any cruise line. At least you are still going south, a few years back there were Bermuda cruises that ended up in Canada. Nothing against Canada but the weather is totally different than Bermuda.

Enjoy your cruise!

And I was on one of them! I swear my DW figured out how to control the weather to get me on a cruise that I wanted nothing to do with:D. We had a great time, especially since we knew enough to change what we packed. Shorts and a tee shirt don't cut it in Halifax in September! I did feel bad for the couple who drove 8 hours from Halifax to Boston... only to cruise back to Halifax. Since we live local to Boston, we didn't have flight expenses to deal with, so we just did the same cruise again the next year.

And I was on one of them! I swear my DW figured out how to control the weather to get me on a cruise that I wanted nothing to do with:D. We had a great time, especially since we knew enough to change what we packed. Shorts and a tee shirt don't cut it in Halifax in September! I did feel bad for the couple who drove 8 hours from Halifax to Boston... only to cruise back to Halifax. Since we live local to Boston, we didn't have flight expenses to deal with, so we just did the same cruise again the next year.

Ironically, my first cruise was Boston to Canada (cheapest cruise we could find :p ) and it never left Black Falcon Pier! We stayed on the ship until the troopers came in and locked the bars down cause Carnival didn't have a Mass. State Liquor license. Booked again the next year and am now scheduled for cruises 8,9 and 10 :D

you can get a hurricane anywhere on the east coast, although they tend to peter out by the time they get very far north...but they could still be at the tropical storm stage. If you want to avoid hurricanes I would advise you to cruise on the west coast during august...or pretty much anywhere else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (hee, do I even need to say that :D ) but, aren't hurricanes only an occurance in the Atlantic/Caribbean? I know they get other types of storms on the west coast (typhoons?) but they aren't as common?

In '97 DW and I were on a Mexican Riviera cruise that got diverted because of Hurricane Linda. We picked that cruise to stay away from the Atlantic Hurricane season, and 1997 ended up being one of the most active Pacific Hurricane seasons on record, as well as one of the least active Atlantic Hurricane seasons!:eek: Lucky us!

I think you have to go west of the International Date Line before they are called Typhoons, and to the Indian ocean for them to be called Cyclones.

Happy to offer the correction:D

Ironically, my first cruise was Boston to Canada (cheapest cruise we could find :p ) and it never left Black Falcon Pier! We stayed on the ship until the troopers came in and locked the bars down cause Carnival didn't have a Mass. State Liquor license. Booked again the next year and am now scheduled for cruises 8,9 and 10 :D

Why am I not surprised that our wonderful State Police would do that:p

Archived