Has anyone snorkeled with a life vest other then the inflatable kind?

ducklovemama

I am a poor swimmer and want to snorkel so bad off shore and I know that there is more fish futher out in the ocean. Has anyone used a bodyglove life vest for this other then the inflatable kind because I was just uncomftable with the inflatable because it malfuction.

I have a bodyglove life vest I bought thinking it would be great for snorkeling, it wasn't. I found it cumbersome and bulky.

I used it once..and now it sits deep in a closet..somewhere in our house..:p

I use a snorkel vest and love it.The chances of a malfunction are very slim, and you don't ever snorkel alone.

If you can swim at all..and it appears you can..you will be fine!:)

I have a bodyglove life vest I bought thinking it would be great for snorkeling, it wasn't. I found it cumbersome and bulky.

I used it once..and now it sits deep in a closet..somewhere in our house..:p

I use a snorkel vest and love it.The chances of a malfunction are very slim, and you don't ever snorkel alone.

If you can swim at all..and it appears you can..you will be fine!:)

Thanks for the info.

I am a poor swimmer and want to snorkel so bad off shore and I know that there is more fish futher out in the ocean. Has anyone used a bodyglove life vest for this other then the inflatable kind because I was just uncomftable with the inflatable because it malfuction.

the inflatable should not malfunction and you can inflate it as much as you need.. if you are purchasing your own, as I did.. make sure it has the crotch strap .. that will keep the vest from 'riding' up and will be more comfortable... the ones the excursions provide do not have the crotch strap...

Host Star. I totally agree! Without that crotch strap (no it isn't uncomfortable;) ) the vest would not be nearly so user friendly.

I can float bolt upright, adjust my mask..or just float and rest.

Archived