Kind David's or Johann and Sandra or Cruiseline?

Turquoise Sea

Never been to traveled to Mexico before for vacation, and I have been doing some serious research on Excursions. What are the differences between booking with cruiseline(other than the price difference) or with tours like Kind David and Mazatlan Tours?

What are the pros and cons? Is it really important to book with the cruiseline? Or are these other tours groups reliable and safe?

The Ship is offering Stone Island Beach Getaway for $64.00. The other tours groups for half the price, plus some. Is the excursion pretty much the same experience? What I'm getting at is: Will I be paying $30.00 more to sit on the same beach than the next person a few feet away from me, who booked with King David?

Okay enough of the ?

Thank you for responding....Thank you for helping out a Green tourist.:o

I don't know exactly what you want included in your beach experience. We have always gone with Randi (both riding and just as transportation to Stone Island). You can also get their yourselves for minimal cost. Yes the beach is used by all. Victor's is the place we like to eat and it is open to all. It just depends on what you want to do.

I don't know exactly what you want included in your beach experience. We have always gone with Randi (both riding and just as transportation to Stone Island). You can also get their yourselves for minimal cost. Yes the beach is used by all. Victor's is the place we like to eat and it is open to all. It just depends on what you want to do.

I'm not sure exactly:p But Stone Island, Randi's and Victor's seem to the be the place to go 'if and when' you're in Mazatlan'. It seems like Stone Island has it all, according to the King David website.

Here's what I'd like to do:

Mazatlan: Eat Shrimp, Shop and lay out on a beach with a margarita.

Cabo San Lucas: Eat, Shop, And snorkel.

Puerto Vallarta: Eat, Shop, Massage at Krystals, and Some exciting adventurous excursion yet to be discovered.

I'm just looking for a great price:D to do it all.

Morriscat, is it that easy to get off the ship and find your way around?

Although not doing it on our own I have read it is very easy. We just love visiting with our friend Randi so we go over with her. Read the thread below. Also We did the "tours" through the ship the first time - didn't like them (although we saw a lot of Mazatlan). Stone Island is a visit to the past - people there live very simply and the beach is beautiful. Victors is steps from the waters edge and has the best shrimp, guacomole and salsa, onion rings around. You will love it.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588835

Once again, Morriscats has taken the words right from my fingers! We often say that we can't imagine a day in Mazatlan without visiting with Randi at Victor's. Last time, we did split our day with her & Frank... We loved Frank's tours. Looking for wonderful tour of Mazatlan, contact Frank. If you are looking to spend the day on the beach, venture to Stone Island (easily done on your own) and hang out at Victor's. The food is fresh & wonderful and the company is even better! :)

Once again, Morriscats has taken the words right from my fingers! We often say that we can't imagine a day in Mazatlan without visiting with Randi at Victor's. Last time, we did split our day with her & Frank... We loved Frank's tours. Looking for wonderful tour of Mazatlan, contact Frank. If you are looking to spend the day on the beach, venture to Stone Island (easily done on your own) and hang out at Victor's. The food is fresh & wonderful and the company is even better! :)

Hi Suziehmkr,

I always see your threads, I'm glad you answered this one as well. Is it possible to go to Stone Island on our own, and then travel to the Golden Zone later? Is it possible to do all this in 8 hrs. I'd like to eat at Victor's, maybe do an excursion, lay out on the beach, yet really would like to shop and look around. Are we cutting it close?

My husband wants to be surprised and doesn't want to know any of our plans at Port. I really want to go out of my norm and plan an adventurous time. We're celebrating our 10th!

What do you think?

Thanks for your reply!

Sure you can! It just takes a bit of planning. We were able to ride with Randi in the morning, visit at Victor's, transfer to Frank for a tour that started in the Golden Zone and still had plenty of time. You will just need to get off the ship, get over to the water taxi stand... hit the beach, relax at Victor's (the garlic shrimp, onion rings & guacamole are a necessity!)...

When you are ready to change scenerios, head back via water taxi and then catch a taxi to the Golden Zone. Depending on traffic it can take 20-30 minutes to get there & back... so keep an eye on your time. Even with Randi's tours, some people head over to the Golden Zone for some shopping, etc. There is also good shopping right at the port and you will find some good deals there.

Sure you can! It just takes a bit of planning. We were able to ride with Randi in the morning, visit at Victor's, transfer to Frank for a tour that started in the Golden Zone and still had plenty of time. You will just need to get off the ship, get over to the water taxi stand... hit the beach, relax at Victor's (the garlic shrimp, onion rings & guacamole are a necessity!)...

When you are ready to change scenerios, head back via water taxi and then catch a taxi to the Golden Zone. Depending on traffic it can take 20-30 minutes to get there & back... so keep an eye on your time. Even with Randi's tours, some people head over to the Golden Zone for some shopping, etc. There is also good shopping right at the port and you will find some good deals there.

Awesome!! I think you just planned my Mazatlan day at port. SERIOUSLY!!! I'm jotting down everything. So:rolleyes: ...what do you do in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta?:rolleyes:

I went online to Mazatlan Frank and noticed that they only do tours in groups of 6. There's two of us. I really would like to book with Frank. I'm sure there are others in the same 'two-only' situation.

I've gone online to Johann and Sondra and checked out their site and the prices and excursions seem interesting. Any ideas or thoughts on them, since you've been on many more threads like this than I? I can't find any thread about their reputation. They all seem focused on King David or Mazatlan Frank. I want to stay where it's safe and it seems like Mazatlan Frank is the way to go...

Now here's a Randi Happy horses question? I emailed her and have yet to receive an answer. My hubby weighs 250, yet he swears that he looks like he weighs 200. I told him there is a scale by the stalls and that there is no way that they will let him on without a deposit of the price of the horse. I know.. I know... I know... I lied. But, we'd like to ride, yet do not want a horse buckling and dying:eek: . So he opted to forgo this excursion, considering that he is really trying to lose the extra 50 pounds and is on the ABS diet.

So, since he's trying, I thought I'd find out the weight limit and surprise him later. Do you know the weight limit by chance?

Thanks for your reply! :)

I'm not Suzy but maybe I can help. Your DH will be ok at 250 on Randi's horses and the ride is the best tour I have ever taken. The beach is beautiful and after the ride the food is wonderful at Victors. I know Suzy has combined the ride and Franks tour - we have yet to take Franks tour but I have heard it is great. When I get to "Randi's beach" I don't want to leave so we stay until it is time to leave. Randi gets more reviews because she is the best - simple as that. Sometimes when you email Randi and you don't have her in your address book her email goes to spam. If you still don't hear from her, let Suzy or I know and we will find out if she got your emails. Hope this helps.

Just email Frank and let him know what day you will be there. He will let you know what tour he has going that day. If you are the first, then you get the pick the tour of the day! Then as other's join, the van fills up. You don't have to arrange the entire 6 people. But, if there are seats to fill, after you check with Frank - you can go on your roll call and see if anyone wants to join you. He also has a friend that does tours in PV. While I did enjoy touring with Frank after my ride with Randi - I will tell you that if I were to do it again, it would be either all day with Randi or all day with Frank. Some people don't like horses or beach days - and they should go on Frank's awesome tours. He really is fantastic! Those that want a nice ride with great horses and an afternoon on the beach that is somewhat like a Corona commercial (Pacifico is the beer of choice though!), then a ride with Randi & an afternoon at Victor's is the route to go. I personally have never gone shopping at the Golden Zone, we have found what we needed for shopping right at the port. I cannot imagine a day in Mazatlan without spending it with Randi. We are booked for this December and for our cruise in 2009!!!

In Cabo, we normally just kick around town and then head back to the ship for a "sea day"... many people find Cabo as their favorite. We have snorkeled there very close to the port (Pelican Rock - it was a party cruise that I wouldn't do again :(). If I were to do it again, we would book one that goes to a better spot. I think they are Santa Maria Cove and the other is Chileano something...:confused: When we go this December, we will probably hang out on Medano Beach. We will have our daughter with us on this one, so the obligotory stop at Cabo Wabo for a Waborita probably won't happen. But, when we were there in January, I decided that I would try to parasail the next time we go. This is also done from Medano Beach. Some people want a resort or day-use experience and they go to the Melia, which is also accessable from Medano Beach.

In PV, we have done the ziplines thru Los Veranos twice. DH wants to do it again, but I want to try something new. So I am thinking of an ATV excursion.... I have never booked thru Johann & Sandra, so I can't help there. But they do answer my emails quickly when I have questions about their excursions. When we go back in 2009, I am probably going to go with the dolphin swim since it will be so flippin' hot and a water excursion will be a good idea.

Ok - this got longer than I thought, so feel free to ask more questions if I didn't cover it.

Hi Morriscats and Suziehmkr,

I just put in for our reservation with Randi's HH's. Will she come and get you at the pier, or do we still make our own way towards 'her' beach? Thank you both so much for responding. When I'm riding besides my hubby, I'll remember you. I'll make a Pacifico toast to you both.

Glad you have decided to ride with her! You will be greeting by her staff (usually Tony & herself) at the pier. When you get off the ship, you will take the mandatory tram that takes you over to the exit. That is where you will find them. They will be holding the famous pink sign... Part of the fee that you pay her includes all of the transportation. Just getting to Stone Island is an experience it itself. Feel free to check out my pics in the links below. Both from Legend of the Seas & Carnival Pride!

Archived