OBC for booking on board

gmadvm

How do I know if I have on board credit before the cruise? We booked an 11 night cruise while on board, turned in a $200 crown and anchor coupon and got $200 for platinum discount. Just paid off the cruise and noticed that for the price breakdown it does list the cost per person and has

-$400 listed under discounts. Does it list on board credit anywhere or does it appear on your account once you get on the ship. I just don't want to have to go fight for it when on the cruise if there is a way to confirm it before we get there. should I email crown and anchor to confirm it? this is the first time we have booked on board, don't know all the ins and outs.

thanks,

gerri

I guess i better write them. when we booked the cruise, we had coupon in hand, so she knocked off the $200 for that. upon completion of that cruise, we became platinum, so i called to get the platinum discount and they said that they had automatically applied the discount, for another $200. total discounts on the invoice on rc website says -$400. it doesn't seem like they added in the on board credit. does that sound right?

Usually the onboard credits are faxed in by the TA and show up in the middle of the cruise. At least that is what we were told. Ours never showed up but my moms did. When I called about it they told me that if it was coming it would arrive by Wed. I was able to see my moms on her TV. It was not there the day we got there. It took a couple of days.

The discounts on the payment summary are for the cabin only. They do not list the OBC on the payment summary. An email to rccl should get you confirmation of the OBC for On Board booking. Also you invoice when you booked on board will show the OBC. If it's from the TA not sure who provides proof. The OBC will show up within a few days on the TV Account summary. If not there is a few days check with the Purser but good to have some proof with you (at least the Email from RCI)

Take a look at your invoice and see if the credit is listed in the left hand column. There will be totals for cruise fare, shore excursions, pre and post cruise packages, airfare, and then taxes and fees. After that, there should be ADV2-$200 ONBRDCR (or whatever amount applies to your booking). There will be $0 in the other columns next to this amount as nothing is coming off the cost of your cruise. If you do not see this on your invoice, ask RCI to send you an updated invoice.

How do I know if I have on board credit before the cruise? We booked an 11 night cruise while on board, turned in a $200 crown and anchor coupon and got $200 for platinum discount. Just paid off the cruise and noticed that for the price breakdown it does list the cost per person and has

-$400 listed under discounts. Does it list on board credit anywhere or does it appear on your account once you get on the ship. I just don't want to have to go fight for it when on the cruise if there is a way to confirm it before we get there. should I email crown and anchor to confirm it? this is the first time we have booked on board, don't know all the ins and outs. thanks,

gerri

Your travel agent can check it right on line for you within minutes

He or she can pull up your booking and cinfirm that all OBC and discounts have been applied.

These thinks can get mixed up and/or lost so I would have your TA check it as soon as you can

If you booked while onboard, the confirmation printout from Loyalty & Cruise Sales should show "Onboard Credit" and the amount per cabin. On the printout they gave us, it appears about middle of the page just under the final payment date and deposit amount.

Also, since ours is linked to our TA, our confirmation from him shows ADV-$200 ONBOARD. It also shows our platinum discount.

My FIL has put an onboard credit on our room as a gift in the past, and a phone call to C&A was all we needed to confirm the gift had been posted to our account.

As has been mentioned by other posters, it should appear on your account which you can see on the stateroom television and also on your final bill.

Just did this on Thurs. TA looked it up on his website and you could see the $200 obc being shown. It did not say it anywhere on my paperwork. I will still take my paperwork with me that shows I booked while on the ship just to be on the safe side.

Carrie

Archived