I love my husband!

woodmill100

We have been on several 5 day cruises on X. I cannot say that I have found any of them to be below X par as far as food and service are concened. The clientel---they tend to be younger but still mostly nice to be around. (There are "jerks" on any cruise and of all ages.)

whatever the OP decides, i am sure they will have a great cruise.

If you reread my post, you will note that I never mentioned any "jerks" or anything of the sort. I was stating my experience only and have discussed at length the service issues with the staff on Celebrity and they admit that the clientele can be different and that they really don't have time to "bond" with anyone on a cruise less than seven days. Not to be a snob, but there COULD be socioeconomic issues/differences as well.

If you are going to the expense and trouble of flying across the atlantic, I just feel it would be a more pleasurable experience for them. Hopefully, they might benefit any info from experienced cruisers. Again JMHO:)

Hey Blondie

Hubby will definitely be taking his kilt! Any excuse. I don't think we'd get a week off that late in January but hubby has never really wanted to do the carribean so I am pleased that he will go this time. Hopefully, he'll get the bug and want to go again.

At the moment, we've got Edin-Heathrow-Miami, 2 nights hotel, 5 nights in SS on Century really cheap but I will definitely phone RBS when we get our dates sorted.

Woodmill, theres a 10 night going out Friday 18th Jan, most expensive price right now (you might get cheaper from Scottish cruise centre) is £2564 for two in an oceanview including flights from edinburgh, 1 pre night cruise hotel, and 10 nights ultimate caribbean. Based on X prices less 10% RBS discount. There are still lots cabins available on this one including insides, ovs and balconies. I dont know about suites didnt check but price will be more than century I would imagine? But if you gonna go all that way, with the dollar being so low right now its worth considering?

Thats one night less than the 28th sailing and includes weekend so you might be able to do this one?

Also, check out the post offices passport card for getting dollars NOW whilst rate it good. You can load up your card with dollars, its like a visa card but not a a credit card, more like saving up dollars, you buy when the rate is good. I have thousands put away on mine for my next three holidays got 2 to the pound at one stage. Its def worth buying up some dollars in advance when rate is good. The card is accepted anywhere you see the visa electron sign. Any post office sells them over the counter.

Glad to hear yer man's flying the colours for us:D

Wha's like us;)

If you have ten days off you might enjoy at least a seven day cruise. Some of the five day cruises are not as special because they are so short. I think the shorter cruises are different levels of service (lower), food, and clientele. I realize that this is a broad statement, however, I have been on forty some cruises and this is what I have found. JMHO:)

Lower level of clientele???? What is that supposed to mean? A lot of people are still working and can only take one week off of work at a time. We are taking a 5 night cruise.

anyone on a cruise less than seven days. Not to be a snob, but there COULD be socioeconomic issues/differences as well.

:)

I think you are way off stating that someone who would take a 5 day cruise over a 7 day cruise could have a (lower, your words on an earlier post) socioeconomic issues/differences".

I know a lot of business executives (as well as a surgeon) who can't get weeks off from work (or use these as an additional vacation to another 2 week one) and they are not in a lower socioeconomic level. Hardly. The surgeon makes over 2 mil per year.

If you reread my post, you will note that I never mentioned any "jerks" or anything of the sort. I was stating my experience only and have discussed at length the service issues with the staff on Celebrity and they admit that the clientele can be different and that they really don't have time to "bond" with anyone on a cruise less than seven days. Not to be a snob, but there COULD be socioeconomic issues/differences as well.

If you are going to the expense and trouble of flying across the atlantic, I just feel it would be a more pleasurable experience for them. Hopefully, they might benefit any info from experienced cruisers. Again JMHO:)

I did not mean to imply you uese the word "jerk". That was my own word, describing some I have seen on various cruises---some 15 days.

I don't know if this applies to all Celebrity ships, but on the Infinity, smoking is allowed on one side of the ship and no smoking is allowed on the other side. Our cabin was on the left side of the ship (if you faces the front of the ship) and it's a drag to walk down that corridor smelling all the second hand smoke. Had I known this, I would have chosen a cabin on the other side of the ship.

He's told me to book a cruise to "wherever" in January as we both have 10 days off work. A bit of reasearch last night has come up with the 5 night roundtrip from Miami to Key West and Grand Cayman. We'll have 2 nights in Miami before and one night after before flying back to the UK.

Got our TA looking at prices as we speak for CC and SS although after some research CC seems a better deal to me than SS :confused: which seems very odd. Anyway, we're managing to get away which is all that matters.

One quick question (which I will ask but will try and find out myself too before TA phones back). Which side of the ship is best when leaving Miami?

Many thanks

It doesn't matter what side of the ship you are on.

Archived