When I am creating my own door sign

kylescoolmom

can I use the words "Cruise Critic" without permission? If I need permission who do I ask??

Thank you

Hi there ! What are you planning for your door ? On casual cruises, I love "doing the door" usually with a signature/greeting sheet of some type. (On her Seabourn or Crystal cruises, my mother would kill me if I did that . . ., but thats the trade off - her stuffy cruises for my casual ones !) On Caribbean cruises, I like doing the usual tropical/fish/island type decorations, but personalized. I enjoy the responses from fellow pax - sober or otherwise !

A CC one, w/beachy/cruisy stickers..and my personal one..Fashion Queen, Shopping Diva..w/fashion stickers..people comment on both. A steward , not mine last cruise, stopped me to say ..Hello!!..I finally meet you..I smiled..he said..I see your pretty door all the time, and never see who has door..now I meet you..hello..I was so enchanted by his remarks. It is one of the 1st things I do after bags arv..and the last thing I pack..it will be on its 8th cruise in 11 months. It has it's own life vest and passport! I have great messages on it from passers-by. Helps me find the cabin too!

Thanks all. I am not much of a computer graphics person so I am just using a real pictures of the isalnds and incorporating text. I am making one for each port I am visiting. I downloaded Photoshop CS3 and wow the things you can do with a picture... I could not email the file (too large) so I burned the pictures to a cd. Once they are corrected (marketing guys at work) I will get instructions on how to post them.

On the main picture I texted

"Cruise Critic's Scappynanacy & Kylescoolmom are proud to present the cruise of a lifetime. The Carnival Liberty Sept 15 - 23rd 2007"

Not real creative. huh

I never even seen the cc one. Sounds pretty cool

It has it's own life vest and passport! lol I have great messages on it from passers-by. Was hoping for that - Helps me find the cabin too! Me too lol

Have a good night all

Linda

I want to do this, but I have a couple of questions:

1 - has anyone had their decorations stolen?

2 - I have seen some people say they used magnets, and others have to use tape. What type of door does the Conquest have?

I also did the tropical theme. We put it up with a magnet that sticks to the posterboard. After the cruise, I use the pieces from the poster, to fill the gaps in my scrapbook. I also had cruise critic on the poster. Went one step farther, and painted shirts for each of us with our CC names on the back, so fellow CC members could find us onboard.

Archived