cab ride vs. bus transfer to boat

hello everyone :-)

I'm doing freedom of the seas on 9/23/07 (can't wait)

happy birthday to me LOL

My question is should I do the cab ride from Ft. Lauderdale or get the bus transfer ??

Does anyone know the cost of the cab from Ft. Lauderdale to the boat ????

thanks

The Freedom sails from Miami. That will be one expensive Taxi ride. Check out limousine or shuttle services under the East Coast ports forum. I am sure you will get recommendations. Of course the cruise line transfers from FLL may work but you do have to wait for the bus to fill up. It usually doesn't take too long on the morning of embarkation.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Actually , right outside of the FLL baggage claim is a shuttle to Miami for 18$ per person. No reservations needed just walk up to the desk and tell them where you want to go. Very easy.

On the way back we had an early flight and just hopped a cab for 65$.

We have used the shuttle several times now and would highly recommend them.

thanks for fast reply :-)

I'm worried about making my 12:30 flight coming home. that's why i was thinking about the cab instead of the bus transfer.

they can be very slow filling up :-(

i think i remember people buying their transfer at the airport (is that possible ??? and if so would it be the same as buying it early ???)

thanks

thanks for fast reply :-)

I'm worried about making my 12:30 flight coming home. that's why i was thinking about the cab instead of the bus transfer.

they can be very slow filling up :-(

i think i remember people buying their transfer at the airport (is that possible ??? and if so would it be the same as buying it early ???)

thanks

We had an 11:40 flight out of FLL when docking in Miami. We didn't do self-disembarkation but did ask for an early color. We were called around 7:45, left the ship, waited about 15 minutes to go through immigration, went right outside to catch a cab and we were at FFL by 8:45. It was a Friday morning and I was nervous about traffic but it was fine.

We had an 11:40 flight out of FLL when docking in Miami. We didn't do self-disembarkation but did ask for an early color. We were called around 7:45, left the ship, waited about 15 minutes to go through immigration, went right outside to catch a cab and we were at FFL by 8:45. It was a Friday morning and I was nervous about traffic but it was fine.

what is self-disembarkation ???? and how and where do you request for early color ??????

thanks

what is self-disembarkation ???? and how and where do you request for early color ??????

thanks

Self-disembarkation is where you are called first (very early around 7am) and you have to carry ALL your own luggage off. You do NOT put it outside your cabin the night before.

You need to go to the purser's desk on one of the first days to arrange the early color. Two weeks ago on the Serenade we got a form in our rooms for this purpose, not sure if others ships are now doing it this way or if it is specific to the Serenade.

One more question i forgot :-)

would you also be able to get the shuttle back to the airport at the end of the cruise???

thanks again LOL

You can get a shuttle but I believe your flight has to be after a certain time and not sure if yours would qualify.

ok here another question

(PLEASE BEAR WITH ME lol ))

If i get the transfer and let them know i have a 12:00 flight (i'll give an early time just to make sure i make it there on time) will they have an early bus leaving ????

Barbara

ok here another question

(PLEASE BEAR WITH ME lol ))

If i get the transfer and let them know i have a 12:00 flight (i'll give an early time just to make sure i make it there on time) will they have an early bus leaving ????

Barbara

No, on our last one, it specifically said if you have a flight later than 1 you could use the shuttle service (form in our room on day 2 or 3). If it was before that you were basically out of luck. Not sure what the time cutoff is on your cruise though. Do keep in my it is around a 35-45 minute drive to FLL from Miami.

Archived