Coco Loco

Should speedo's be banned  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should speedo's be banned

• Yes
    • No

Some of those guys need lifts.

And wax. Lots of it. Pronto.

For the record, I like Speedos on the right body. No problem with them, front or side view. And I would have liked to share that Chariots of Fire moment! :D

Absolutely NOT!

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was on the beach in South Beach.

This beautiful specimen in a red Speedo came walking up out of the ocean in slow motion and I swear the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" was playing in the background.

He was so beautiful and so perfect it brought tears to my eyes.

Please, no, let the Speedo live!

PS. Don't forget about those cute Olympians in the Speedos.

I agree! (but without the tears.)

There are no wrong Speedo's. Only the wrong men in them sometimes! :D

(however, i do prefer when they're worn w/ a support garment undeneath. i don't need that much information!)

What a shame he doesn't know how to pair the right shoes for the occasion. He should have posted here first, "What shoes should I wear with my new green swimsuit?".

Probably the lime green Crocs, right ladies?

Are those some kind of sling shot jock straps or are they photoshopped??

This is a great thread! I've recently had surgery and guess I hadn't had a "laugh attack" since... I had to walk away twice while reading 'cause it hurt to laugh! Reminds me of a speedo story: There was a wonderful "hunk" in my 1980 high school class (you know - every school has at least one.) When we had our 20 year reunion, most of us had rooms at the hotel for the weekend. We were all at the pool, having a grand time, when in walks "hunk" with his speedo - red white & blue. He did NOT still have his high school physique and I could not carry on a conversation with him - hell, no one could. It was hilarious - but I still cannot figure out why he thought he looked good in it! At least it was good for a laugh, and for making me realize I didn't permanently hook up with him! Now on my upcoming cruise, I will be fine with them. It's a girlfriend cruise, and we can laugh at the really "shouldn't have" speedos and appreciate the ones who look like the James Bond guy did in the posted pics.:D

What a shame he doesn't know how to pair the right shoes for the occasion. He should have posted here first, "What shoes should I wear with my new green swimsuit?".

...wouldn't the general "appropriate" answer be...

"silver strappy shoes";)

CJW

Because don't they just go with EVERYTHING!

(And OH YES, Jane110, I'm winking here!):D

This is a great thread! I've recently had surgery and guess I hadn't had a "laugh attack" since... I had to walk away twice while reading 'cause it hurt to laugh! Reminds me of a speedo story: There was a wonderful "hunk" in my 1980 high school class (you know - every school has at least one.) When we had our 20 year reunion, most of us had rooms at the hotel for the weekend. We were all at the pool, having a grand time, when in walks "hunk" with his speedo - red white & blue. He did NOT still have his high school physique and I could not carry on a conversation with him - hell, no one could. It was hilarious - but I still cannot figure out why he thought he looked good in it! At least it was good for a laugh, and for making me realize I didn't permanently hook up with him! Now on my upcoming cruise, I will be fine with them. It's a girlfriend cruise, and we can laugh at the really "shouldn't have" speedos and appreciate the ones who look like the James Bond guy did in the posted pics.:D

Told you it was too much fun.

Linda

No. Speedos should not be banned.

Personally I have seen more women in what I would consider inapropriate bathingsuits with less than perfect physiques; than men.

Not everyone, as a matter of fact very few people have perfect bodies that great in swim suits. That being said, a swim suit is for swimming or sun bathing, and as long as everything is covered, there should be no issue on the size or tightness of the suit.

What I take issue with is what some have decided to deem what is appropriate on a "family" cruise. I have news for the prudes out there. There are many different types of families, some feel very comfortable in small swim suits, some families vacation together in naturist locations, some are large, some are small...there is no one "family" cruise. So my suggstion to you would be to simply vacation in cold climates where everyone ( or almost ) wears parkas or snow suits.

Personally I bring both my board trunks and my speedo. I don't feel uncomfortable wearing either.

Dave:eek:

Last weekend FI and I registered for gifts for our upcoming wedding at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

At one point he wanted to register for the "banana hammock" which they sell (for keeping bananas fresh and yellow without brown spots). Yes, it really is named banana hammock. :p

I couldn't speak for a minute or two until I finally stopped laughing enough to tell him what ELSE was known as a banana hammock. The look on his face was priceless....

Archived