Is it me or should speedo's be banned.

Coco Loco

Should speedo's be banned  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should speedo's be banned

• Yes
    • No

I believe it might have been at Leidseplein and was Dutch in 1990, I had represented Galveston in a Sister City event in Stavanger then went up to Bergen and Eurailed down to Oslo, Copenhagen, Mainze for a Rhine cruise down to Cologne and ended with a couple of days in beautiful Amsterdam.

I speak excellent Texan and passable English, so most folks I encountered particularly the Danes and the Dutch spoke better English then I did.

As you love to Cruise Shiva have you ever been down to the Antillies, Bonaire, Curacao, & Aruba? Wonderful Dutch islands with some of the best diving in the world. Plenty of Speedos there.

I don't know the restaurant, but I do know the Antillies, not by cruising, but I've stayed there for "normal" holidays,

Very exotic to travel by plane for 10 hours, and speak your own language in another world, The Netherlands are so small, and we are used to speak other languages, so that's a real treat,

Bonaire is one of the hotspots in the world for diving, it's wonderfull!

Curacao for Carnival, and Aruba for of the road driving trough the dunes ;)

By cruise I visited some other islands, like St Thomas (did my virgin dive there), Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and some others, all wonderfull...

I can't figure out what restaurant you have been... sorry :( but's nice you enjoyed it, I don't consider the Dutch cuisine as a high standard ;)

An Elizabethan fashion but exactly what you describe, and yes, the potato always goes in front. Of course "Gentleman Gene" needs no such contrivance!! Nudge nudge wink wink. Of course he and MSG Curry don't think he needs a Speedo either.

Shiva, I've enjoyed Bonaire where my sailing cousin with a large Dutch built Ketch said "it's the only place I've been where you wanted to snorkel at the fuel dock".

If you mean those skimpy men's suits that many men wear who no longer have the body for wearing them-no I am not a fan of them but the BRAND I see nothing wrong with. I had a very modest tankini that was Speedo brand that I wore out I wore it so much.

Nope nothing against the brand... just having some fun ...;)

After this discussion it's surprising to see (so far) 55% voting for a ban. Just how many dress code rules does one need to have a good vacation?

As a people watcher, I don't necessarily think everyone looks equally great... but I keep the negative reviews to myself and enjoy the nice views. Why care how small or large, loose or tight someone's swimwear is? And where do you draw the line?

You are so right! It would take more than an unattractive person in a skimpy swimsuit or someone not dressed to my liking to ruin my vacation. I always said "a less than perfect vacation is better than any great day in the office". I am a people watcher too and I have seen many people on the beaches in Europe who would start tongues flapping on a stateside beach. But who cares!!! If I see a topless woman or a guy in a speedo or thong, I think that they are confident and are there to enjoy themself. Americans are too body conscious considering the majority are overwieght. I am an American but I live in Europe, and Europeans have a much more sensible approach to life, live and let live. No one give a second look at bare flesh or skimpy swimsuits, and count me among the ones wearing the skimpy bikinis!

If you mean those skimpy men's suits that many men wear who no longer have the body for wearing them-no I am not a fan of them but the BRAND I see nothing wrong with. I had a very modest tankini that was Speedo brand that I wore out I wore it so much.

I guess it is sort've like Crocs. Most of us think of a certain STYLE of shoe which may not even be that BRAND that we dislike but as many have told us that that BRAND has some attractive styles of shoes. So I guess with both those brands there are styles I associate with them that I do not care for but it does not mean there is anything wrong with the brand.

What?

What?

What momofmeg is saying is that she likes Speedo, the company, but not "speedo", the men's brief swimsuit.

I have a few of the Speedo products and I think they are okay, but as for "speedos" (the the slang word for the brief swimsuit) I have many and that is all I wear. The skimpier the better!

Archived