Crown Princess Review 10-19th August

UxbridgeCruiser

Great review, Thank-You !

Question about the Sanctuary, I too plan on going early in the A.M. to get a day pass but are you able to pick your seating at this time or do you have to wait until you come down to sit out ?

Also, the couples massage in the cabana at the Sanctuary, is this done in your bathing suit or birthday suit :p ?

Great review, Thank-You !

Question about the Sanctuary, I too plan on going early in the A.M. to get a day pass but are you able to pick your seating at this time or do you have to wait until you come down to sit out ?

Also, the couples massage in the cabana at the Sanctuary, is this done in your bathing suit or birthday suit :p ?

I have seen it mentioned on these boards that there have been line ups for the Sanctuary in the mornings but I did not come across that on our cruise. The first couple of days I was there at 7:30 waiting and no one else showed up before 8 am but that may vary from cruise to cruise. Yes you can pick out your seat at the time you're there and its yours for the day. I would pick my seat then go have breakfast. The staff keep track of who is where and won't allow anyone to take your seat.

You can go either way in the cabana, its your choice. They pull down the side flaps on the cabana regardless of which way you go for privacy.

Hi again! My daughter had found 3 friends the first night and spent all day sea days with them at the pool. We took one of them shopping with us in San Juan. I had promised her shopping in St Thomas also(it helped get her out of bed) but with the late start,the shopping part of the tour had to go. I wish we had our longer day in St Thomas instead of San Juan. It's a beautiful island!

I was on the Crown Princess sailing August 10th. This was my 11th Princess cruise and my 2nd on the Crown Princess. The only problem we had was when we received our luggage which was around 6:00pm all 4 pieces where soaking wet. Inside and out. Apparently due to the rain the porters left passengers luggage out in the open. Princess offered free dry cleaning but we had to wait a day for our leather shoes to dry out. In the future I will wrap my clothes in a garbage bag. I've never had any issues like that leaving from Florida or San Juan.

Some of our clothing was damp as well but luckily we had our formal wear wrapped in plastic and it was fine. The damp clothes didn't need rewashing. In the future, I think we are going to place garbage bags inside our suitcases to prevent the water penetrating through to the clothes. We have experienced this with airlines as well, leaving suitcases out in the pouring rain.

I too when on the 8/10 cruise and LOVED it. When I got to the terminal we tipped a porter $20 for our 3 bags and begged him to make sure they stayed dry (I saw MANY other pieces just sitting out in the rain). It was the best $20 spent on the whole trip... We got our luggage before anyone else on the whole ship and not a single thing was wet!

Michele

I have just snagged this suite for a 28 day September 2008.

Is this balcony large enough for six people to experience balcony dining?

We have convinced two other couples to take the same cruise and would love to have a private dining experience at sailaway one night. Of course, that might be a problem in the North Atlantic. We had an aft on Celebrity when we went through the Panama four years ago and were unable to enjoy that dining experience then because it was 105 degrees (Translates to Bloody hot for all Canadians who deal in Celsius. :) I left Canada before they decided to give Math teachers another topic to teach. :D )

Thank you so much for your terrific review.

If you have any other photos I would love to see them.

I have just snagged this suite for a 28 day September 2008.

Is this balcony large enough for six people to experience balcony dining?

We have convinced two other couples to take the same cruise and would love to have a private dining experience at sailaway one night. Of course, that might be a problem in the North Atlantic. We had an aft on Celebrity when we went through the Panama four years ago and were unable to enjoy that dining experience then because it was 105 degrees (Translates to Bloody hot for all Canadians who deal in Celsius. :) I left Canada before they decided to give Math teachers another topic to teach. :D )

Thank you so much for your terrific review.

If you have any other photos I would love to see them.

Yes, I think you could get away with six people at one time. You may have to move some furniture around but I think it would work.

Good review, we sail the Crown in Feb. Could you tell me if there are input jacks on the tv. No not for video games, for reviewing pictures from our camera. Thanks.

I don't recall seeing any on the front and I didn't look on the back, so I can't say for sure.

Archived