Birth Certificates for ecstasy

Flipflop77

I've been on 7 Carnival cruises and have never been asked for my marriage license. My birth certificate and drivers license do NOT have the same last name, but it's never been an issue. They've never even mentioned it. Even when I travelled without my husband on two cruises, they didn't ask for it.

My second cruise was on RC Splendour of the Seas, and when I checked in, he asked me if I had my marriage license with me! I told him "NO, should I?":eek: :( and he said it would be a good idea to carry it. But that was before I got my passport!

I have always bought my marriage license (just in case). But my husband died as well, so I bring a death certificate too. I have never been asked for either.....but I always feel better having them. Even now that I have a passport, I am of the mentality better safe than sorry :) For peace of mind you might want to bring it.

i called a carnival vacation planner and he informed me you need a marriage license if you your birth certificate does not match your drivers license. I even said "but I am cruising with my husband who has the same name" and was still told to bring the marriage license.

I got married one month ago today and my husband and I are leaving for our honeymoon cruise (first cruise for both of us) on Saturday (Triumph). Because we've been married for a month now, I've been able to officially change my name on everything except the passport (of course) and my travel docs are also in my maiden name. I have my new driver's license.

SO! I'm taking everything with me, because as someone up the line mentioned, I'd rather have too much than not enough, and a slip of paper weighs next to nothing. I'm taking my docs, passport, marriage certificate and driver's license. All of that should be adequate, although I might decide to take my birth certificate, too, just in case.

Likely as not, they won't ask for all of that extra stuff, but just in case they do, I'd rather have it with me than have to deal with the headache of not having what I/they need! :)

In your case I would take everything also - as I'm sure you have it readily available (with just getting married).

I got married one month ago today and my husband and I are leaving for our honeymoon cruise (first cruise for both of us) on Saturday (Triumph). Because we've been married for a month now, I've been able to officially change my name on everything except the passport (of course) and my travel docs are also in my maiden name. I have my new driver's license.

SO! I'm taking everything with me, because as someone up the line mentioned, I'd rather have too much than not enough, and a slip of paper weighs next to nothing. I'm taking my docs, passport, marriage certificate and driver's license. All of that should be adequate, although I might decide to take my birth certificate, too, just in case.

Likely as not, they won't ask for all of that extra stuff, but just in case they do, I'd rather have it with me than have to deal with the headache of not having what I/they need!

I started thinking about this and honestly all you need to show is your passport since you said you haven't changed it and your reservation is in your maiden name - that is unless you are under the required age and need to show a marriage "certificate" to prove marriage. Otherwise you don't need to take all that stuff.

Oh, I know I probably don't need to take all of it, and in all likelihood will have no one ask me for any of it, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. And, as you noted, I've got it all handy, anyway, since we had to have all of that for every other step of the getting-married-changing-your-name process, anyway! :)

I figured since my passport (which is the preferred form of ID) is in the same name as my docs, it shouldn't be an issue, but better safe than sorry.

Plus, I'm flying and I'm not sure what the airline and security will need.

Archived