Humidity in Italy

I have been doing a lot of research from the websites given in the positing about Dec's weather. I am curious about the humidity though. The averages I found for Nov for Italy were:

04 - No rain the week of Nov 10 - Avg humidity 60% (High 76%)

05 - .08 in of rain - Avg humidity 69% (High 88%)

06 - No rain - Avg humidity 77% (High 88%)

I am curious what to expect weatherwise. Has anyone gone in Nov? Our cruise is Nov10-17. I can see the temps range from 50-72*f which sound decent. I am just curious for one, if someone has gone during this time and second if these temps are usual here in the states anywhere.

I read somewhere that the Med's climate is similar to California's.. but I do not believe CA has this much humidity.

Thanks!!

:p

I have been doing a lot of research from the websites given in the positing about Dec's weather. I am curious about the humidity though. The averages I found for Nov for Italy were:

I am curious what to expect weatherwise. Has anyone gone in Nov? Our cruise is Nov10-17. I can see the temps range from 50-72*f which sound decent. I am just curious for one, if someone has gone during this time and second if these temps are usual here in the states anywhere.

I read somewhere that the Med's climate is similar to California's.. but I do not believe CA has this much humidity.

Thanks!!

I think they have mistaken rain with humidity - which part of Italy are you vsiting in Nov/Dec?

Thanks!!

I think it depends when you go to Italy. I don't think in November it's humid at all. We're both in Northern and Southern Italy last year. In Genoa and Savona was pretty chilly (60s, no humidity at all); in Palermo was very nice (75, sunny, no humidity). It was around Thanksgiving.

:o I went from Venice to Barcelona last November, 5 -28

The weather was perfect ! Thetemps ranged from 65 - 80.

I needed a lightweight jacket in Venice.

By the time we reached Naples I was wearing only a short sleeve tee.

It only rained one day in Florence.

I thought it was great weather for the entire trip. :o

:o I went from Venice to Barcelona last November, 5 -28

The weather was perfect ! Thetemps ranged from 65 - 80.

I needed a lightweight jacket in Venice.

By the time we reached Naples I was wearing only a short sleeve tee.

It only rained one day in Florence.

I thought it was great weather for the entire trip. :o

Last year Fall was far above average is many european countries. You were lucky, but donot count on this type of weather again...

that is great news.

I am going from Barcelona to Palermo and back. We were all torn as to whether bring all sweaters, or all t's and coats..

did you swim at all?

I was expected the weather to be wayyy too cold... maybe not?

I would suggest layers. I assume that you'll be gone for a couple of weeks. Even if you check the weather before you leave, it can change dramatically while you are gone. Some layers that you can peel on or off depending on the weather will work well, and we also take some of the plastic ponchos from the dollar stores. They don't look great, but they don't take up much room (don't weigh much either) and do the trick. After we use them, we can then discard but fortunately have rarely had to use them.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived