whole milk on Voyager

Sally1J

Hi All,

I am a bit of a lurker but thought I should pop my head up to say 'Hi!' and ask you all question that I have not found the answer to on the forum.

Do you know if I can get whole milk for my 21 month old on Voyager?

Can anyone give me any top tips for traveling with a toddler? We took him on Celebrity last September when he was 10 months and he was fantastic but was not mobile then so I am a little more concerned about this one.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Yes, whole regular milk has always been available on cruise ships. The brands will differ from those in your supermarket. If you have any questions, just ask a staff member behind the counter or a waiter. Most buffets also have individual boxes of cereal, which will be convenient for you to also bring back to your cabin for snacks for the toddler like cherrios or fruit loops. Whole fruit will also be available plus bowls of raisins. If you have introduced the child to eggs, you will always find scrambled eggs, sausage & bacon (good finger foods). Do make sure to bring a small umbrella style stroller, hat, bibs, favorite blanket & toys. Although I am not an advocate, I do see a good usage of those wrist band style thethers, to keep your little close-by while letting him get some exercise and "freedom". This way you have no fear of him "getting into trouble" on deck or along the Promenade or on land. If your toddler is still in diapers, then bring an ample supply with you. I am sure you will be able to replenish the supply at port, but who wants to chance the size and brand quest. Also, bring a new toy or two to be introduced on board ship when that special moment occurs that you need to entice him to be good. You can also bring him to the childrens center during certain times of day and stay with him, even though he's too young to join the program. Just ask the counselors.

Bon Voyage

Yes, whole regular milk has always been available on cruise ships. The brands will differ from those in your supermarket. If you have any questions, just ask a staff member behind the counter or a waiter. Most buffets also have individual boxes of cereal, which will be convenient for you to also bring back to your cabin for snacks for the toddler like cherrios or fruit loops. Whole fruit will also be available plus bowls of raisins. If you have introduced the child to eggs, you will always find scrambled eggs, sausage & bacon (good finger foods). Do make sure to bring a small umbrella style stroller, hat, bibs, favorite blanket & toys. Although I am not an advocate, I do see a good usage of those wrist band style thethers, to keep your little close-by while letting him get some exercise and "freedom". This way you have no fear of him "getting into trouble" on deck or along the Promenade or on land. If your toddler is still in diapers, then bring an ample supply with you. I am sure you will be able to replenish the supply at port, but who wants to chance the size and brand quest. Also, bring a new toy or two to be introduced on board ship when that special moment occurs that you need to entice him to be good. You can also bring him to the childrens center during certain times of day and stay with him, even though he's too young to join the program. Just ask the counselors.

Bon Voyage

FYI, I good alternative I've seen to the "wrist band tethers" is something that resembles a little stuffed-animal backpack that the child wears which has a tether coming from that. They actually sell them at Target, and they look like little Monkies or Bears that the child wears on their back. They're super cute.

Pre-baby, I thought those tethers were terrible, but now that I'm a worried parent I will TOTALLY buy one of those to use in crowds. Kids are too slippery.

Good luck on your cruise. We leave next week for our first with our 13 month old. Now that he's mobile, the plane ride alone is going to be quite an adventure for us! :o

Archived