Cancelled Cruise 29 December 2008

Hampshire Rose

Have just noticed that my cruise on Fascination is not on Carnival website. Have telephoned them and they inform me that it has been cancelled and that I will be receivng a letter in a couple of days. Does anyone know why - they seem to have cancelled all 3 and 4 day cruises out of Miami, she did say it would be going from elsewhere but would not be a 4 day cruise. Is this a thing that Carnival often do? I have never cruised with them before. The only reason we booked so far in advance is because there are 11 of us and we are going to Florida for Christmas and thought a New Year cruise would be nice and this one fitted in with our time in Florida.

Have just noticed that my cruise on Fascination is not on Carnival website. Have telephoned them and they inform me that it has been cancelled and that I will be receivng a letter in a couple of days. Does anyone know why - they seem to have cancelled all 3 and 4 day cruises out of Miami, she did say it would be going from elsewhere but would not be a 4 day cruise. Is this a thing that Carnival often do? I have never cruised with them before. The only reason we booked so far in advance is because there are 11 of us and we are going to Florida for Christmas and thought a New Year cruise would be nice and this one fitted in with our time in Florida.

I am going on memory here (so I could be wrong) but I :think: (I know that is dangerous) that I read the Fascination is going to be taking the place of the Celebration in Jacksonville Sept 2008. I know the Celebration is going out of service April 2008 and they are not bringing a new ship in until September 2008. I believe that ship will be the Fascination.

They are just moving ships around as the older ones retire.

I am going on memory here (so I could be wrong) but I :think: (I know that is dangerous) that I read the Fascination is going to be taking the place of the Celebration in Jacksonville Sept 2008. I know the Celebration is going out of service April 2008 and they are not bringing a new ship in until September 2008. I believe that ship will be the Fascination.

They are just moving ships around as the older ones retire.

LHP's memory is correct.

This is the link to the Carnival website and the story about the sale of the Celebration and the move of Fascination:

http://carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

We were booked for Celebration next summer and have to find a new cruise now too.

Thanks for the response to my request for info regarding the cancelled cruise - I look forward to hearing from Carnival now about the new itinerary as we were thought a New Year cruise would be a grreat way to finish our holiday in Florida. The articles give me all the answers as to why it was cancelled. Am off to Cork in Ireland this Bank Holiday weekend on Navigator of the Seas. Next month I am on P & O Oceana to Brugge in Belgium and October on Constellation to Canada & New England, so have plenty of cruises to look forward to

I am kinda surprised that they cancelled your cruise instead of just booking you on the Imagination which will slip into the old Fascination's slot. They are the same class ship. Seems odd that they would flatly cancel and make people re-book. Oh well, at least there will be a 3/4 ship there!

Enjoy Cork. We are looking to do the British Isles next summer if we can get the airfare right. Would love to do Princess, but may end up doing a land tour!

Hi

We just found out at this weekend that Celebration would not be going out of JAX Sept 2008. We saw the rumours on here and asked before we booked about six weeks ago if this was the case. we were told they had no information on that.

We have been on to Carnival this end (Scottish) to be told they have just found out today? They are looking into what they can offer as an alternative. We await with baited breath.

Scot Fi

Archived