Conch Fritters?

makai 7

I can't recommend anywhere since I haven't been to Tortola yet, but my son is really anxious to try conch fritters when we are there next February.

Since we plan to go to the baths, I found out the Top of the Baths restaurant serves conch fritters. They have a nice view of the ocean. However, if you don't plan to go over to Virgin Gorda, I'm sure there must be a restaurant on Tortola that has them.

http://www.thebathsbvi.com/restaurant.htm

Anyone know of a good place to get real, local conch fritters? We are looking for something that is not a tourist trap, maybe with a nice view of the ocean.

Top of the Baths is a very nice open air restaurant. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food but the views were beautiful. It also wasn't very crowded.

2990729820046899484S600x600Q85.jpg

2554646900046899484S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyone know of a good place to get real, local conch fritters? We are looking for something that is not a tourist trap, maybe with a nice view of the ocean.

At Cane Garden Bay, Myett's has pretty decent conch fritters, but what made them better in my opinion is the hot sauce they kept on the table (don't remember the brand). Also cold beer didn't hurt. Myett's does not have a view to speak of, so if you are headed to CGB, check with Stanley's first.

1615804478_Myetts(Small).jpg.1053d41f4faba2fce39ff388ab07267a.jpg

DH and I are constantly looking for the ultimate conch fritter. Rhymers on Cane Garden Bay has the best conch fritters I've ever had. They were so good, we had to get another order. Rhymers is a pink concrete building, a very casual (swimsuits are fine) right on the water, with a small hotel above the restaurant.

Archived