Sept. 29, 2007 Pride of Aloha any other solos/singles?

cruisinryan

Hi all. I'm going solo on Pride of Aloha, 9-29-2007 sailing.

Just wondering if I'm the only solo/single?

If there are any other solos/singles, let's at least say "hi". I'm not worried about going alone, but who knows, we might hit it off and want to share some excursions? dining? conversation? or other fun activities.

I've heard a lot of bad things about the freestyle dining, for everyone, but especially any solo travelers.

I can't say enough good about Freestyle Dining. While I usually sail Royal Caribbean, the last cruise was on NCL and I wish that freestyle was an option on my upcoming RCL cruise in November. I met so many people that I otherwise might not have had the opportunity to meet.

I usually travel solo and it's a wonderful way to meet new people. I'm betting that you will really enjoy it. Just make sure you ask the maitre'd to seat you at a larger table and you should have a blast.

...Just make sure you ask the maitre'd to seat you at a larger table and you should have a blast.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not really worried about the dining. However, according to the posts here and otherwhere when you ask for a large table they put you there, then remove all the place settings, then leave you to dine alone at the huge table.

The only thing I've seen that might work, is the advice to say "please seat me at a table with others".

But this thread is really for finding any other solos/singles on my sailing.

Archived