Charlie Car-not worth it!!

sleepy99

We just returned from AOS. Rented from Charlie Cars for 2 days pre-cruise. I would NOT recommend them to anyone! This is the first time a tip from these boards turned out bad. We rented a mid size car, their mid-size cars are the size of the other guys compact cars! We had to wait in line in their shabby office for almost an hour after the shuttle dropped us off. With Hertz and the rest we would have been on our way in much less time. But the best was the car they gave us, seemed ok until you got on the highway--then the car was all over the road, I think the power steering was completely shot! I cannot understand how this car was not pulled from the rental pool-they must not check them!! We got to Condado, checked-in at the Marriott Stellaris, and continued into town to exchange the car. No problem with the exchange, but the agent didn't seem surprised about the car! In my opinion it was a death trap! After the 2 days we returned the car to the Condado office and had to wait quite a long time for the free ride to the ship, the driver was on lunch, but he was really flirting with the girl behind the counter! So after the car being unsafe, the poor customer service and the size of the car being smaller than expected I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED IN CHARLIE CARS--NEVER AGAIN!

Marriott Stellaris was VERY nice, also stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde post cruise, this was nice too, but needed a bathroom renovation!

Welcome to the caribbean and the true meaning of being on "island time." ;) You bring up a good point. Cars are usually 1 size smaller than you'd be accustomed to in the states. National started the practice down here and everyone followed. I never thought of a Toyota Corrolla as a mid-size car until I got down here.

Archived