Please Help! From Diamond to Gold for complaining?

I recently sailed having booked directly with RCCL directly. I had asked for a cabin with 2 upper and 2 lowers- I was given a cabin number that met this request and booked it, well we didn't get 2 uppers and 2 lowers, we had a sofa bed. I called Crown & Anchor and complained, I knew nothing could be done as the ship was full. Today I noticed that my status has been changed from Diamond to Gold!!!!!!! I called C&A and was told something about a computer update.

Question- has anyone had this happen after complaining and has anyone else had a computer glitch with C&A in the past couple of days?

Please don't flame me I'm upset enough already!

RCI has been working on the computer system for months, and what they are telling is more than likely true. I doubt they would do something like that anyway. We are platinum, site showed as platinum, after our last cruise back to gold. just got my paperwork for upcoming shorty on Majesty, and cruise docs show me as platinum. Don't sweat it.

I'm sure it'll get straightened out. We were suppose to be Diamond after our Sept cruise but now one of my cruise credits is lost so who knows when they'll finally get their system back on track. We may stay Platinum for all I know. :confused: btw....I'm sure you already know you wouldn't be downgraded just for complaining. :)

Ditto. My status on Celebrity changed to "Classic" for some reason. I had contacted Captain's Circle via email a couple of weeks ago and this was the response:

Thank you for your e-mail. At this time we are updating our computer software. Our Crown & Anchor Society Loyalty call center is also undergoing the same update. We are working diligently to correct the issues this has caused with our website. Please contact our office at 800-760-0654.

Pretty slow "update", I think. Anyway, I'd guess that the systems for both lines are probably one and the same, so I don't think you're alone here.

Wow, glad I have my previous sea pass cards that clearly say Diamond Plus still the letter we received when we got to that level. Think I better get some copies made to take with me on my next cruise, just in case. Hope everyone gets their status straightened out. Wonder how many Gold to Diamond errors they made if they will come forward and tell RCI that they are really Gold and not Diamond members??

Annieeee

The credit that is suddenly missing on my "cruise history" page is that of a cruise we had taken more than 15 years ago. I no longer have any proof of that sailing being I had sent the proof to the C&A department long ago. I'm hoping it shows up again on their computers. If not, we'll have to just forget it and move on.

RCCL is updating/installing "their own in-house software" and they are having monumental issues getting it up and running. I really wouldn't worry at this time about your cruise credits. I've always kept a list of each of my cruises, and verify that C&A agrees with me from time to time. Don't worry, you aren't downgraded from Diamond to Gold.

I recently sailed having booked directly with RCCL directly. I had asked for a cabin with 2 upper and 2 lowers- I was given a cabin number that met this request and booked it, well we didn't get 2 uppers and 2 lowers, we had a sofa bed. I called Crown & Anchor and complained, I knew nothing could be done as the ship was full. Today I noticed that my status has been changed from Diamond to Gold!!!!!!! I called C&A and was told something about a computer update.

Question- has anyone had this happen after complaining and has anyone else had a computer glitch with C&A in the past couple of days?

Please don't flame me I'm upset enough already!

I complain all the time and they never took my diamond plus status away:eek: You should get what you paid for so no apologies are necessary.

I am sure it is just a glitch, our 12/15/07 Liberty Cruise was off the RCL site for a few days so, I know how worried you must be----glitches are no fun. Maybe try checking every few weeks. :)

I am so sick of Royal Caribbean having computer problems. My May cruise has not posted yet either. I really think they need to get themselves straightened out or start firing some people. There are a lot of very large companies out there that have computer systems that work.

Having said that, RCI is my cruiseline of choice and I will continue to cruise with them. I just wish they'd get this straightened out!

E-Beth

It's not only the cruise history that they have problems with. I'm booked on Grandeur for 9/2 (the 2nd half of B2B with different booking number) and it doesn't show in my booked cruises. I can get to my shore excursion reservations by putting in the booking number but thats all. Plus I've got the Serenade cruise from the end of January 2007 that doesn't show.

Think the WRONG Department/Division is "running" the show for RCCL.... hopefully someone with power and understands Customer Service will "one day" get involved!!!! Until then..... the records "we" have access to are a MESS..... we are "assured" that the records C&A use are correct.... in the meantime we have "lost" 5 cruises......

there have been numerous C & A computer problems for months. I am still waiting for my 3/26 cruise to update. Don't worry, this is a well documented problem.

I’m still waiting for my Feb cruise to post

Have you (and everyone else with cruises not showing) called RCCL to ask if it is in the system?? My March cruise credit isnt showing but when I call, they have my right amount of credits............and thats whats important....even though,it would be nice to see that online too......

OlDog-B2Bs always throw the system off wack..........last year,I took one.....first reservation was on there,but the 2nd one never did.........and it took almost 4 months for the first part to get credited,whereas the 2nd part credited with days...go figure!

Archived